Fresh Meat - Prologue

Every person needs someone in their lives. Whether it's a family member, or a romantic partner, or even a mentor, everyone deserves someone who knows you, who cares about you, who will do anything to make sure you're happy.

More specifically, everyone deserves a friend.

Friendship is something that is just as important as romance or family. It's so amazing how wonderful it can be, to spend time with people who you can truly be yourself with. You can laugh with them, cry with them, make fun of them, support them, and so much more. Friendship is something special.

And it's something special to me.

I can't tell you enough how much I love my friends. If I hadn't met them through the years, then I don't know where I would be right now. We've been through so much together. All the ups and downs, all the dangerous roads and rocky mountains and perilous seas of problems we've come across, we've always found a way to overcome it.

Together.

Until now.

I knew that this stage of our life would be difficult, but I didn't think it was to the point where our somehow unbreakable friendship would start to show some cracks.

I was so stupid to think that everything would be the same. I was so naive. I was so hopeful.

But nothing will ever be the same. It can never be.

I just can't believe it took me until now to understand that.

Oh right, you probably don't know what I'm talking about. Well, it's kind of a long story. I'll tell you everything, all the way from the beginning, back to when it started.