28. Dante's Home.

En başından başla

The gravity of his statement sent shivers down my spine, making me realize the imminent danger that lurked.

Mavis, who had been observing the exchange with wide-eyed bewilderment, couldn't contain her curiosity any longer. Her voice trembled as she spoke up, breaking the slight tension between Dante and me. "What is he talking about? What does he mean by my twins?" she asked, her voice quivering with a mix of shock and confusion.

The room fell into an uneasy silence, the weight of Mavis's question hanging heavy in the air, demanding an answer that I wasn't fully prepared to provide.

"At this point, I can't help but feel a profound sense of disappointment, realizing that you've been keeping secrets from someone you consider a close friend. I can just imagine just how many lies you've had to fabricate in order to conceal your true identity, Faith," Dante jeered, his words dripping with a mixture of sarcasm and hurt.

As he turned to walk away, the anguish in his eyes spoke volumes, resonating deep within me and causing an excruciating ache in my chest. With a heavy heart, I shifted my attention back to Mavis, mustering the courage to share the truth that had burdened me for far too long.

"Do you remember when I confided in you about my ex-husband, the father of my children, who unexpectedly reappeared in my life just less than an hour ago?" I trailed off, observing her nod in acknowledgment, her expression growing increasingly curious.

"Well... Dante Harrison is not only the father of my children but also my ex-husband. My real name is Avelyn Harrison," I whispered, my voice barely audible, anticipating her reaction.

Time seemed to stand still as her mouth fell open in shock, rendering her momentarily speechless.

"A-are you playing some kind of elaborate game with me?" she finally managed to stutter out, her voice trembling with a mix of disbelief and shock.

"No," I replied, my voice laced with profound sadness and a sense of helplessness, my heart aching unbearably in the absence of my beloved babies.

In a twist of fate, I found myself being supported by Dante, despite being the very reason my precious babies were now missing. Thankfully he was here to help get our babies back as I'd have no idea where to start or what to do.

Lost in the depths of my contemplation, I was abruptly jolted back to reality by an ear-piercing shriek beside me. Before I could comprehend what was happening, Mavis enveloped me in an embrace so tight it felt as though my bones might crack under the pressure.

"S-so you're telling me that you're not only the mother of my godchildren, but you're also unbelievably wealthy, and all this time you've been living in this wretched place?" Mavis stuttered, her astonishment and disbelief etched across her face.

"Mavis, can you even begin to fathom how it feels to discover that your own husband regarded you so poorly that he impregnated another woman? He was on the brink of divorcing me, and my babies' lives were being threatened. Running away was my only recourse, and now, once again, my babies' lives are in danger," I lamented, my frustration mounting as I observed her unbridled joy, seemingly oblivious to the fact that my children were still missing.

"I understand that my perspective may come across as insensitive, but deep down in my heart, I truly believe that my god babies are safe, especially with Dante's capabilities. I have faith that we will reunite with the twins in no time. Despite the despicable actions Dante has inflicted upon you, it's crucial for both of you to set aside your indifferences and join forces in the quest to bring the twins back. While returning to the way things were before may be unlikely, it's not entirely impossible," Mavis expressed sincerely.

"Mr. Harrison does make a valid point about the potential danger you may face if the perpetrators were to track you down," Mavis added, acknowledging the reasoning behind Dante's concerns.

"You're right. If they can't reach me directly, they might use the twins' godmother as bait as well," I pointed out, emphasizing the gravity of the situation to Mavis.

"You raise a valid point," she acknowledged, realizing the potential risks she might face.

"It's time to leave," Dante interjected from behind me, his voice firm.

"Could Mavis come with us? As the godmother of the twins, she might be in danger if left alone here," I requested, my voice tinged with hope.

"As you wish," Dante consented, accepted my plea, leaving behind the confines of my apartment.

Overwhelmed by a flood of distress, I struggled to hold back tears, desperately battling my inner turmoil. I took solace in the knowledge that Dante was tirelessly working towards the safe return of our babies.

Dante efficiently loaded our bags into the trunk of his car, his gaze filled with a mixture of concern and something unrecognizable. As he opened the front door, signaling for me to join him, I made a conscious decision to sit in the backseat alongside Mavis.

This choice earned me a disapproving glare from Dante, but I needed the solace of companionship, even if it meant defying his expectations. The car ride made me anxious with an uncomfortable silence, each of us lost in our own thoughts and worries.

Upon arriving at Dante's luxurious resort and settling into our rooms, Dante excused himself to make additional phone calls, assuring me once again that he was sparing no effort in his chase to locate and secure the safety of our babies. I watched as he left the room, his determined strides echoing the gravity of the situation.

I exited my room and as if things couldn't get any worse, I suddenly locked eyes with Catherine making my eyes widened in disbelief, Catherine stood before me with an infuriatingly smug expression.

Anger surged through my veins, causing my eyes to turn red, a reflection of the intense emotions that boiled within me.

****************
Remember to leave a comment and vote down below❣️