Hangout

"Yae Miko eh? That's so cool!"

"Trust me, it's not."

[January 3 Tuesday, 4:10 am]

(Y/n pov)

        I decided to take Kunikuzushi to a park while we waited for Komore Teahouse to open up.

        "I was thinking, as much as I don't want to, maybe I should shift to my aunt's home... Kamisato High is too far from Tenshukaku." He said.

        "Hm, doesn't sound like a bad idea," I commented, offering him some chips from the packet of doritos I was holding. "Say- isn't your aunt like, Yae Miko?"

        He took a few chips out of the packet. "Right, I forgot to tell you. But yeah, she is," he answered, letting out an awkward chuckle, then stuffing the doritos in his mouth.

        I was amazed. I always thought highly of her, since she was the chief editor of Yae publishing house. I remember when I was in middle school, never got to meet her in person, BUT- I was commissioned to draw a comic panel for her newspaper. There was a small art contest held back in my middle school which was also owned by the Yashiro commission, someone from Yae publishing house showed my work to her, and she had taken a liking to it!

        I remember being ecstatic the day I got the e-mail. I think I still have a copy of the newspaper with my comic strip on it.

        "Yae Miko eh? That's so cool!"

        "Trust me, it's not cool."

        It was around eight am...? Whatever- we spent time at the park having conversations, most of it being Kunikuzushi rambling about how his auntie was a pain in the ass and how much he hated her teasing. Honestly, it was amusing, nowhere near boring. He has some of the funniest and most creative ways to hate on people, it's hilarious.

        We were heading to Komore teahouse now. He looked much happier now. Less pale, more alive... Maybe having someone to ramble to improved his mood! Looking at him in this state... It made me glad. It felt like a little achievement!

        Anyway, the topic had gone to his favourite things as we entered the teahouse.

       "Yeah, I'm quite fond of Nicholas Roerich's works. He's a Snezhnayan painter, and his paintings are pretty cool. You should check it out," he suggested.