An oppurtunity to repay kindness

"If thats what you want, then sure, I will

"If thats what you want, then sure, I will."

(Kunikuzushi pov)

[December 30 Saturday, 8:19 AM]

         I was worried about how she'd react. What if she thought of me differently knowing I was the one and only son of Raiden Ei?

         My mother is the richest, most powerul figure in Inazuma, everyone knows her and her carbon copy of a daughter. Would (Y/n) even believe me when I say I'm her son? When that woman quite literally denies my existance to everyone?

         "I know it sounds crazy and all but let me explain."

         "Alright, go on.."

         I took a deep sigh and blurted everything out to her. Well, not everything, but the abridged version of everything.

         "Alright, so, there were many reasons why my mom hid me away from press and media. I wasn't the best in academics, I cried alot as a kid, I rebelled against her alot, and well- she didn't want a son. She wanted a daughter, so she had my sister, and hid me away forever."

         I took another deep breath and continued. "She'd leave me off at other people's houses, and she was never there for me. She'd leave me to be someone else's problem. She never gave me basic necessities, almost all of my things belonged to someone else, while my sister got everything she needed. I was never welcome at the dinner table, and I was always looked down upon. Look- actually- she isn't very nice to me at all, to sum it up. She hates me, I have no value to her."

         I was done trauma dumping on her, I expected her to laugh at me, and not believe me at all. I was expecting it anyway.

         Her reaction was quite the opposite of what I had anticipated, however. She looked at me, a bit stunned, and a bit sad, but she held my hand. It was comforting.

         "I'm really sorry you had to go through all that... No one deserves such treatment."

         "Again, I don't need your pity."

         She then squeezed my hand tighter. "Please don't say that. You really don't deserve it. If anything, you have alot of value in my eyes."

         "Oh? How is that so? I've done nothing for you, I've only taken from you and given nothing in return." I was mentally yelling at myself for suddenly trying to push the kindest person ever, away from me, but it was a habit I developed. Probably a coping mechanism, I've done this before, and people left, seeing no hope in me. I was used to this.

         "Hey, c'mon. Every friend of mine is of great value to me. If you really want to return the favour, then lets keep being friends."

         "But that not how it wor-"

         "Whateverrr, doesn't matter to me. As long as you're alive, I'm glad."

         "I-"

         "We're friends now. Like I said earlier, if you get kicked out, call me up! I'll make sure you're well fed and warm."

         "Why are you being so kind to me..? I have nothing to offer.." I looked away in guilt.

         "Idiot. Kindness is offered for nothing in return. I'm not asking for anything. Buuut I suppose it'd make you feel less guilty if I asked for something."

         I looked back at her with some hope in me. I was willing to do anything, to repay back her kindness to me.

        "Sure, anything."

        "Alright... You can do two things for me. The first thing is that you join Kamisato High."

        "I can do that," I reply.

        "The second being that you spend the day with me. My mom and dad work overseas, so I'm pretty lonely. Y'think you can do that for me?"

        "If thats what you want, then sure. I will."

        We reached Inazuma city. If I were walking alone, I would've felt dreadful, but talking to (Y/n) made me feel better.