Unexpected birthday

"You should come with me!"

"Uh, sure?"

[January 3 Tuesday, 3:10 am]

(Y/n) pov

        I was on my way to the beach as usual, it was rather quiet today. No people passing by, no cars, nobody. My eyes were on the ocean, it always brought me a sense of peace. As I walked, my eyes caught a familiar figure leaning on the railing, gazing at the ocean. It was Kunikuzushi. He was wearing a black zip up hoodie, one that was a bit too big for him, but at least it looked like he was warm. The muffler I gave him was wrapped snugly around his neck, covering his mouth, which melted my heart. His arms rested on the railing that separated the road's side walk and the beach. I couldn't help but smile, walking in his direction quietly.

        He looked like he was in deep thought, looking into the distance as the wind brushed through his hair... He did not notice me approaching him, because the sound of my footsteps didn't seem to register in his head. When I tapped on his shoulder, he jumped a bit and his eyes widened, turning around swiftly to look at me.

        "Oh, It's you. Hey," he says, as his eyes soften.

        I stood next to him and put my hands on the railing. "Hey, Kunikuzushi! May I ask what you're doing here?" I say, smiling at him. He started to fidget with the muffler.

        "I uh... nothing much. I just wanted some fresh air, I'm not really doing anything at the moment," he mumbled shyly. "Ah, I see. Well then, wanna roam here and there with me?" I offer. "Sure... Where to though?" He questioned back, tilting his head in slight curiosity.

        "You'll see~!" I say playfully.

        I was dragging him by the hand, until he asked, "Where are we going?"

        "We're going to snoop around Kamisato High!" I exclaimed, like it was the most normal thing ever.

        "Eh? But it's 3 am... How do you think we'll do that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

        I chuckled, and replied "I have my ways. I've snooped around here many times!"

        "Is that so...?" He asked.

        "Mhm."

        We walked for a while, my hand still gripping his wrist gently. I could see the back of the school in the distance, and I looked back at him.

        "Look! There it is," I declared, pointing at the school.

        It was the basketball court, which was located at the back of the campus. There was a short fence which I could jump over.

        "Most of the doors have probably been locked shut, so we can only see the outside of the school, I can't really show you the classrooms."

        "That's fine, I guess." He shrugs. "How do you plan on getting in though?"

        I dragged him to the fence, it was slightly broken, so anyone could jump through. "Through here, follow me!" I exclaimed, as I climbed up and fence and jumped down. Kunikuzushi did the same, and jumped down with a slight grunt.

        "So this is the basketball court

        "So this is the basketball court...?" He asks. "Yeah," I answer, sitting down on a nearby bench. A few seconds later, Kunikuzushi sat beside me as well. There was a moment of... surprisingly comfortable silence, as he sat back and gazed at the court.

        After a short while, Kunikuzushi broke the silence. "I'm starting to like this school already... You can even see Mount Yougou from here..." He says, still admiring everything around him. He was right, the school was at a beautiful spot, located to the east of the mountain he just mentioned.

        "Yeah, It's nothing like the schools at Inazuma city or Tenshukaku, you see why I wanted you here?" I said, smirking.

        "Mhm." He replies.

        I stood up and stretched a bit. "Alright, next spot. Follow me!"

        Kunikuzushi got up and followed me behind, as we walked across the court and left. We walked past two buildings that were next to each other, and the main building could be seen. "So... this is the building where the classrooms are?" He asked. "Yep, that's the one. We'll be on the top floor."

        "Top floor? Ugh, seriously?" He whined, probably not wanting to climb all those dreadful stairs everyday once the school year begins.

        "It is what is issss," I said, shrugging, and stuffing my hands in my pockets.

        We walked a little more, and reached the football field.

        "By the way, when is your birthday?" I asked. He didn't answer right away.

        After a few seconds of hesitation, he let out an awkward chuckle and said, "It's today, actually..."

        "Eh?!"

A.N. Ehe sorry for the short chap after not updating this book in a while, school started so my schedule's kinda packed now, but i'll be focusing on this book now!