Good Morning

"Wanna come along?"

"Wanna come along?"

"Oh, shut it. I don't mind"

[30 December Saturday, 8:05 AM]

(Y/n) pov

        For the rest of the night, I just listened to music on my earphones, while Kunikuzushi slept on my shoulder (I may or may not have fallen asleep a few times). It was 8 o' clock and I had to wake him up.

        Honestly, I didn't want to, but I had to get to Inazuma city to buy groceries at Tsukumomono's. It's always packed around the afternoon on Saturdays so I like to go early. I decided to wake Kunikuzushi up by poking him.

        "Hey, rise and shine! It's eight."

        "Mmmh.. huh-?"

        "Congrats, you slept for five hours! I'm proud of you."

        He lifted his head off my shoulder.

        "Ack-! My neck-"

        It must've hurt keeping his neck in that same position for five hours straight, but there was nothing I could do do for him.

        "I- uhh, sorry for keeping you here for so long.."

        "What're you apologising for? I offered, dummy."

        "But I-"

        "Oh, shut it. I don't mind. Anyway, I'm going to tsukukomono to buy some groceries, wanna come along?"

         "Huh- You don't mind?"

         "I'd rather you not go running off alone, so I'd want you to come with me." If anything, there was no way I could let him go off on his own, without constantly worrying about him.

         "Alright," he said.

         He got up and stretched himself, while I did the same. The muffler I wrapped around his neck almost fell of, so I wrapped it around his neck again.

         "Oh- uh.. thanks."

         "Let's go now."

          We started walking south, toward Inazuma city, the heart of Narukami Island.

          I had my grocery list in my pocket, and luckily, I didn't have to buy much. Kunikuzushi was walking next to me, fidgeting around with the ends of the muffler I gave him. He really seems to like it.

         "I forgot to ask, I don't think I've seen you around before, are you new here?"

         He looked up at me and answered,

         "I studied at Sumeru Akademiya throughout middle school. I moved back here a month or two ago, so yes, I'm new."

         "Woah, Sumeru's a cool place, I've always wanted to go there. Speaking of moving back, schools are gonna open admissions for new students now, any school in mind?"

          Sumeru is where all the smart kids come from, considering the famous Akademiya. He'd probably want to study in a big, popular school.

          "Hmm.. No, not really. My mother never suggested any schools till now."

          "Then how about you join my school? I think admissions begin around 23rd January. You did say you enjoyed painting alot, and the art club of my school is really cool. The school fees aren't too expensive either."

          It would be a good idea if he joined the same school as me, I could keep an eye on him, and he could find some new friends, the people at Kamisato High are really kind, if we ignore the few bad apples.

          "Art club? You're a part of it?" I could see his eyes light up, archons I found it so cute.

          "Yeah! I like drawing comics you see, so I joined."

          "That's cool, I'll consider it I guess. What's the name of the school?"

          "Kamisato high."

          "Hmm.. It's kind of far off from my home, but I did hear people speak good about it."

          "Trust me, it's cool, you'll love it! Where do you live though? I'm sure you don't live on Byakko Plain, I've never seen you before"

          "I uhh... I'll tell you, but you MUST promise that you won't overreact."

          "Alright, promise."

          "I live at Tenshukaku."

          "Wha- HUH?!"

          "Look, I know, that's where all the high-status people live and all of that stuff, but I never liked living there, my mother hid me from the world and almost no one knows my mother has a son."

           "Who IS your mother?"

           "Um... Raiden Ei....."