The Chief Editor, Yae Miko

"Kuni- please

"Kuni- please."

"Ei, we need to talk."

[December 30 Saturday, 8:34 AM]

(Kunikuzushi pov)

        Out of all the times she could appear, it just HAD to be now. Why is she here anyway!?

        She looked at me with wide eyes. "Kunikuzushi, did Ei kick you out again? Ugh, that lady!"

        "Yeah she did..." I muttered. "Why are you so surprised?"

        "Oh Kuni, you know I've tried talking to her, but she just won't listen," she answered. "Get in the car, I was going to visit you and your mother anyway."

        I didn't want to leave (Y/n) behind, she looked so shocked. She must've realised that my 'aunt' here is the chief editor of the Yae Publishing House. "What if I don't want to come?" I hissed.

        "Kuni- please just come home. Let's not argue about this now."

        I sighed, "Alright, fine. But only because I don't want to argue." I turned over to (Y/n). "I'm sorry I can't spend the day with you. My aunt here wont let me go."

        She looked a little disappointed, which killed me inside, but I kept a straight face. "Oh... alright..." she said. I wanted to stay with her longer, but I had no options here. "Um- bye.. See you around, I guess."

        "Bye."

        I turned around and walked towards the car aunt Yae was in. As I was about to get in the front seat, (Y/n) called me. "Kunikuzushi!" I turned my head around to look at her. "Message me when you reach home, kay?"

       "Alright. I will," I assured, and got in the car.

(Yae Miko pov)

        I saw the girl Kunikuzushi was talking to. It made me wonder why and how she was talking to him. "Who was that girl?" I asked, with my eyes still on the road.

        "None of your buisness," he replied, rudely.

        "Kuni, you really need to be nicer with me," I comment. He didn't say anything in return, and remained silent.

        There was a long moment of awkward silence after that. The car ride to Ei's place felt dreadful, what could she be doing so wrong that lead Kunikuzushi to be this miserable? Truly, I want to help this boy, but he doesn't seem to trust me.