Chapter 25: Brief Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Then, Chairman Knight, since I did my job so spectacularly, shouldn't you be rewarding me with something? Back then, the old chairman would reward us materialistically. It was a very direct encouragement to us employees."

Xavier raised his eyebrows too when he heard her. After a short pause, he chuckled.

"I took out so much extra profit to reward you all every season, but you're still not satisfied? You really hate to lose out, don't you?!"

"Only idiots would lose out. Do I look so stupid to you?" Arya walked backward several steps as she spoke.

Xavier shook his head helplessly. The smile with that perfect curve was still apparent on his face as he took a black card with some gold engraving on it out and handed it to her.

"Here's the card I told you about yesterday. Get anything you like with this."

"Didn't you just give me a credit card?"

Arya stared at the rectangular thing in his hand but did not take it. She just stared at him in surprise.

"This is a moving pass under Glory World Entertainment. Are you sure you don't want it?"

Xavier looked at her questioningly and acted as if he was going to take it back when Arya quickly grabbed it.

Only idiots would not want it!

She would never reject it. This was fantastic stuff! With this, she could enjoy the best offer on these branded clothes and even go to hotels or clubs under Glory World Corporation for free.

She was not merely trying to get free perks, but it would make her work easier. It was as if the ancient emperor had just given his subordinate the authority to carry out important missions.

Xavier smiled when he saw her slide the card into her bag like a piece of treasure. They then continued forward.

She walked in front with him right behind her. Probably because of his aura, people opened up a path wherever they went and gaped at them in awe.

After a long stroll, Arya noticed the people around them throwing them weird glances. Then, she turned around and looked at the man behind her.

She realized the man constantly wore a gentle smile on his face and followed behind her like a gentleman. He was like a loyal knight in fairytales, protecting his princess.

"What's wrong?" He halted his steps when she stopped.

Arya looked downwards and did some thinking. After that, she looked around and said,

"I think that we should... go back out..."

Xavier held her hand and dragged her to his side before she could finish her sentence.

"Let's go."

He then pulled her forward.

Arya subconsciously tried to struggle from his grasp. When she looked up at him, she saw two familiar figures from the reflection of the store windows from the corner of her eye.

It was Ethan and Victoria!

She was very familiar with how Ethan looked. With just the lateral view of his face, she could accurately recognize him.

The girl beside him, who wore a pair of sunglasses and dressed in a light blue spring outfit with an elegant light cotton scarf, was no doubt Victoria.

They seemed to be picking out wedding dresses. Victoria looked on delightedly at the wedding dresses on the mannequins through the store windows. She picked up the hem of a gown with one hand, her bright and animated face brimming with a sweet smile.