Dan's shoulders slumped, his voice barely a whisper as he finally found the strength to respond. "I... I'm sorry, Jaekyung. I believed someone who told me that you were going to marry a woman."

"This is not true."

Jaekyung's eyes widened in shock, his hand instinctively retracting from Dan's arm. The hurt in his voice was palpable as he tried to make sense of the revelation. "Dan, why didn't you ask me first? Why didn't you trust me enough to come to me with your doubts?"

Dan's tears began to stream down his face as he looked up at Jaekyung, his voice trembling with emotion. "I... I didn't know what to do. I was scared and confused. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you, Jae."

Jaekyung's anger flared, his voice laced with disappointment. "You should have trusted me, Dan! We promised to be there for each other and we need to communicate openly. I can't believe you didn't come to me with your doubts. I deserved that much at least as your boyfriend."

"Jae..."

Jaekyung's voice trembled with raw emotion as he reached out to Dan, his love and devotion evident in every word he spoke. 

"My darling, please believe me when I say that my heart belongs only to you," he declared, tears glistening in his eyes. "Even if others may spread rumours about me, know that if I were ever to marry, it would be you by my side. It has always been you." 

Dan's face was a portrait of conflicting emotions - shock, hope, disbelief - as he processed Jaekyung's heartfelt words. His heart yearned for the reassurance and love that Jaekyung was offering, his mind struggling to make sense of the past few weeks. But at this moment, all that mattered was the connection between them, as their intertwined hands offered comfort and support. 

"Wait... are you saying you won't marry anyone else?" Dan asked with a trembling voice, the vulnerability and longing in his tone palpable.

Jaekyung's eyes remained fixed on Dan, unwavering in their intensity and unwavering in his commitment. His voice carried a profound sincerity as he replied, his words laced with the unwavering truth of his feelings. "No, sweetheart. I won't marry anyone else. My heart beats only for you, and it always will. I love you with every fibre of my being."

Dan's tears flowed freely, a mixture of relief and overwhelming joy. In that moment, the weight of the misunderstandings, the doubts, and the fears that had plagued their relationship seemed to dissipate, replaced by a newfound clarity and a renewed sense of trust. The assurance in Jaekyung's words enveloped Dan's heart, mending the fractures of uncertainty and igniting a beacon of hope for their future together.

A radiant smile spread across Dan's face, his eyes sparkling with a mixture of gratitude and adoration. The knowledge that Jaekyung's love was unwavering and that they shared a bond strong enough to weather any storm filled him with an indescribable sense of warmth and contentment.

In that moment, all doubts and insecurities melted away, replaced by an unshakable belief in their love and the possibilities that lay ahead. Dan reached out, his trembling hand finding its way to Jaekyung's, their fingers intertwining in a gesture that symbolized their unbreakable connection.

Dan's tears mingled with a smile, a profound sense of relief washing over him. The weight of the misunderstandings and doubts began to dissipate, replaced by a newfound clarity and a renewed sense of trust.

"Sweetheart, when I first met you, you were getting under my skin. But now I am not confused anymore, I love you so much that I am completely obsessed with you."

"I love you too, Jaekyung," Dan finally said, his voice filled with tenderness. "And I'm sorry for letting fear cloud my judgment, for not trusting you. From this moment on, I promise to always trust and communicate with you, no matter what challenges we face."