Chapter 48: A Singing Skeleton

Start from the beginning

Robin kept her eyes on the red smoke dissipating in the sky, "It's a flare...someone may come after this ship."

I crossed my arms as I looked at the now tore up barrel with a barley eligible label, "What a clever trap for pirates."

"What?! So it was a trap?! Chopper check the perimeters!" Usopp ordered as he pointed at the reindeer with fear in his eyes.

My eyes caught Nami on edge and before I could ask her what was wrong, she yelled at everyone to get into positions because there was a storm coming. Knowing her skills as a navigator, we all listened despite there not being any sign of a storm.

Dark clouds quickly covered the sky as green lightning struck the seas, proving Nami's suspicions. The wind was unforgiving as it blowed from all directions with no mercy, rain pouring down to compliment it.

"Hey!" Franky looked to Nami with a confident smirk, "Is this ship really such a pushover?"

Nami smiled in realization before yelling down at all of us, "Everyone! We're gonna pull out the paddles!"

Franky activated the paddles and we had successfully got out of the chaotic storm. Instead of the storm though, we came across an eery sea with thick fog and a creepy vibe.

"It's nice that we pulled through hit what's with this sea? It's not even night and the fog is this thick."

Sanji added onto Zoro's comment, "Do you think we stumbled onto that one sea?"

Usopp grinned in excitement, "So we're headed towards Fishman Island?"

"Nope! We gotta cross haunted seas first," Luffy put on his best scary face, though he couldn't hide his childish grin as he obviously had fun scaring Usopp. "Granny Kokoro gave us a heads up! There's a living skeleton!"

"That's only in your head, don't make him more scared than he is," Sanji scolded Franky and Luffy for trying to scare Usopp before hypocritically lighting a match to make an even more scarier face to the long nosed boy, "Listen Usopp...100 ships disappear in these seas without a trace left behind."

Singing was heard as a weirdly familiar song was being sung, echoing through the foggy sea with a ghostly vibe. My eyebrows furrowed as the male voice carried along with the wind and a broken, run down ship emerged from the fog.

"One appeared! It's a ghost ship!"

Usopp slapped his hands over his ears, scaring Chopper into doing the same, "Close your ears! It'll curse you and drag you into the sea if you respond!"

The broken down ship passed by ours and on it we could see a skeleton sitting down with a tea cup in hand. What was weird about it was that the singing voice came from the skeleton and he had an Afro and a top hat on along with a suit. The skeleton stopped singing once he locked eyes with us and the ship sailed past more so we couldn't see him anymore.

"Did you see that just now?! A skeleton was singing!" Luffy looked at the ship with shining eyes and an excited smile. You didn't have to know Luffy to see that he was bubbling with anticipation, ready to get his hands on the skeleton.

"Don't be ridiculous! Skeletons can't sing!" Usopp tried desperately to deny what everyone saw for the sake of comforting himself but Luffy wasn't having it.