★New contract★

I wake up early in the morning before my alarm goes off to the sound of my phone going off. I roll over and pick up my phone checking who is calling me so early in the morning. I recognise the name "Alex ♥"as my former teammate from Man City, Alex Greenwood. I answer the phone to be met with Alex's loud voice.

 "ARE YOU EXCITED, EMILY? YOU'RE GOING TO BE PLAYING FOR ARSENAL. I KNOW YOU'LL MISS ME." See, the thing is, me and Alex both grew up with each other since we are both from Liverpool and went to the same schools together, and we have been close ever since, especially when we played for Man City together. Also, my family adore her and treat her like family. Also, her family and my family are close, which means I always see Alex at Christmas time and other holidays like that, which makes going home back to Liverpool even more special. Thinking about my family makes me upset since I now live in London and they are all in Liverpool. My family consists of my mum, dad, 3 older brothers, my younger sister, my niece and nephew, and my nan, who is the sweetest person ever.

I groan, moving the phone away from my ear, when I hear how loud she is. "Listen, Alex, I love you and all, but you are so loud and, why are you calling me so early?" 

As she laughs, she says, "Well, someone has to get you up bright and early, don't they, since you are living alone and I know you'll be turning your alarm off"

I laugh with her, knowing that she's right. Once I'm done talking to Alex and we say our goodbyes, I decide it's best for me just to get up and start my day since I know I won't be able to fall back asleep thanks to Alex. Even though Alex wakes me up early by screaming down the phone at me and annoys me most of the time, I am extremely thankful for her. She's done a lot for me, especially with getting over my recent ex, whom I broke up with 2 weeks ago once I found out she had been cheating on me for 5 months. I was extremely upset after finding out everything, and Alex was there for me no matter what. When I couldn't sleep at night, when I was crying day and night, when I refused to eat because I was sad, Alex was always there for me and helped me get better, so I'm extremely thankful for her. Now I'm not saying I'm over my ex; it's just that I've pushed it to the back of my mind because of everything going on, which will be for the best since I'll slowly forget about it over the excitement anyway.

I force myself to get out of bed and head into my kitchen, grabbing my smoothie I made the night before. I grab a straw, put it into my drink, and start to drink it. I didn't always like smoothies, and I used to just eat a bowl of cereal every morning, which I still do sometimes; it's just that ever since being with Alex and her forcing me to drink a smoothie every morning before training, smoothies grew on me since then, and I kind of like them now, especially of a morning because the coldness of it wakes me up and gets me ready for the day.

I sit down on the couch, loving the quietness in my apartment, with the sounds of the cars outside adding a sort of comfort to the quietness, but I know my quietness will be disrupted once my dog, Atlas, wakes up. Atlas is a one-year old border collie and is my best friend. He's the most lovable dog ever, and he's loved by everyone in my family, especially my niece and nephew. He's definitely spoilt, but that's because he's my baby though, and no one will ever replace him. He makes the world seem less lonely. When I go to training, I always drop him off at doggy day care in the morning, which he absolutely loves going to, but when I am travelling I drop him off at Amber's. Amber lives on the floor below me in my apartment complex, and her dog, Bear, is Atlas's best friend from doggy day care, which is perfect, and Amber says she loves having Atlas around, so it works perfectly for me.