Return of the Prodigy

After days of traveling, you finally made it to the prestigious butterfly mansion. Where the flower hashira, Kanae Kocho resides.

"Any minute now, it's just around the corner" you said.

“So you really do have a crush on her? Really!? Really,Really,Really!?” Yuki, who would not shut up about you and Kanae and had been pestering you throughout your journey.

“Okay Yuki, we're getting closer to the mansion. Would you pipe down for me? It’ll be very annoying if someone got the wrong idea” you said, you’ve been very calm with her throughout the journey so you hoped she'd shut the hell up for once.

But it’s your bird Yuki, she talks as if she as if a loudspeaker is genetically implanted in her throat.  Not to mention, she can talk from sunrise till goddamn dark.

“OH! SO YOU DO HAVE A CRUS–” she continued, somehow even louder than before.

“DUDE! SHUT THE FUCK UP!! GODDA-! SAY ONE MORE THING! JUST ONE MORE GODDAMN THING! I DOUBLE-FUCKING DARE YOU!”

You’ve had it with her. Your head was now aching and ringing because you’ve heard her talk so much. You yelling at her must’ve calmed her down a bit but not enough. You kept walking and then,

“So you do have a crush on her?" she continued right after you turned around.

“Yuki..." You said in a calm manner contrasting your earlier outbreak.

"I’m going to fucking eat you” you threatened.

“EEEK!!” she shrieked, genuinely horrified. 

She’s been with you for a year and she can tell that you weren’t joking and will put her in a frying pan. So she kept quiet.

Finally, after days of endless noise pollution. You had some peace. But it didn’t matter as you were now in your destination.

Immediately you were greeted by some nurses. But the first people you wanted to see were Shinobu and ofcourse, Kanae.

“Hey, Y/N-San! It’s Y/N-San!” a nurse named Sumiko who had treated you a year before yelled.

The nurses and house girls ran out yelling and they all swarmed you. So it was just you among about 75 to a hundred yelling girls.

They bombarded you with questions that was too fast for you to answer.  Even Yuki was overwhelmed and left you as quick as she could.

“Y/N-San, How’ve you been!?” one of them began.

"I'm doing gr--"

“I heard you slayed so many demons! You’re so cool!” but got interrupted.

“How did you rise 10 ranks in a year!?”

“Go on a date with me, Y/N-San!”

“Y/N-San! I’m such a big fan!!”

"Y/N-San is so strong and handsome!!"

It got too overwhelming but luckily Sumiko, who started this in the first place, and her sisters came to the rescue.

Sumiko dragged you out privately and her sisters made sure everybody went back to work.

* * * * * *

“So how have you been, Y/N-san.” she asked.

“I’ve been good. Could use some silence though” you chuckled.

As you were both walking, you came across a certain little girl walking. She looked dignified, curiously so.

Sumiko also bowed to her as she was walking by

Sumiko also bowed to her as she was walking by. While you just smiled.

“Who the hell is that?” you asked.

“That’s lady Kanao, she was just adopted by Lady Kanae and Lady Shinobu. They're basically sisters now.. Though lady Shinobu is mean to her sometimes” she said.

Sounds like shinobu alright?’ you thought.

“They adopted a sister?” you said, astonished by the change in one year.

You were curious to know what else had changed.

“Where’s Shinobu and Kanae-San now?”

“Well Shinobu is on a mission. She’s been very busy since she just got promoted.”

“Promoted?”

“Yes, she’s a tsuchinoe now” she said

“What!?”  you said genuinely surprised.

“Compared to you, that’s a far cry” she smiled.

To climb six ranks in one year is actually crazy. Like Sumiko said, compared to you, that's really slow.

While the tsuchinoe rank might be four ranks below yours, you are also an incredibly abnormal case.

90% of demon slayers don’t even get past the Kinoto stage. For someone like Shinobu who you thought was weak to go above that in a year…

guess she’s a prodigy in her own right’ you thought.

“I’m so happy for shinobu. What about Kanae-san?” you asked, smiling.

“She asked for you to wait for her. She went to see Shinazugawa-sama”

Your smile dropped almost immediately.

“Who?”

“Sanemi Shinazugawa, he’s also an hashira. He’s rumored to be the second strongest besides Gyomei-Sama”

“Oh so it might just be an hashira thing”

“No, haven't you heard?”

“I haven’t been here in a year. I can’t hear anything”

She gestured you closer and spoke quietly. You never liked gossips but you wanted to hear this one for obvious reasons.

“Well there’s rumors saying Kanae-Sama and Shinazugawa have been seeing each other” she whispers.

You immediately stopped walking, almost as if your body stopped functioning.

A/N- Yo I'm back! My graduation went fantastic 🎉🎉. Even though I was nervous ASF, I still maintained my majestic composure 😌. My 4 years in HS is officially over. Imma miss my buddies🥺🥺.See y'all with a new chapter tomorrow.