Final Selection

10 days later...

You finally made your way to the final selection venue. You look around at the wisteria plants and are mesmerized by their sheer beauty.  Then some creepy twins came and explained how this is going to go.

‘What the hell? These bitches look like that doll from fucking squid game. I already don’t want to do this anymore’ You thought.

“Good Luck on your next seven days” the girls said unanimously.

You simply have to survive for seven days, a task you thought was easy enough. Just be on guard at night and rest during the day.

Piece of cake!

* * * * *

You’ve been on the move for hours, just scouting non stop and staying on high alert for the demons, your stamina training with Yushiro is definitely paying off.

It’s one thing to train your skills, it’s another thing to actually use them in real situations.

You couldn’t wait to meet the first unlucky demon to cross your path and lo and behold your first body was right there eating up a fellow child demon slayer.

‘W-what the hell’ was your first thought

The scene shook you to your core, you heard demons were brutal but since you’ve only known Tamayo and Yushiro, this sight was just beyond repulsive.

“Well what do we have here? Another lost puppy? Hehehe” the demon laughed, though you didn’t reply.

“Oh c'mon don’t be scared,” he said as he walked up to you.  

“Let Me Take YOU TO YOUR MOMMY!!!” he pounced.

While you were a bit repulsed and taken aback by the sight you witnessed.

You were by no means scared, in fact the demon was taken care of through mere muscle memory. You didn’t even have to think.

“Star breathing, First Form” you grabbed your hilt and got it to position.

“Star Slash!” you decapitated him instantly.

“No need for that, Lady Tamayo is right at home”  you said as you watched the demon disintegrated

* * * * *

Time passed by and you were unstoppable. You were not sparing anything resembling a demon that’s unlucky enough to walk your path.

You haven't met any fellow demon slayer though. Or maybe you did and half their body is missing. You sighed at how weak the demon slayer corp rookies are.

  But today as you were on your patrols you came across a demon and a demon slayer that’s still alive. They’re both going at it pretty hard, this is the first time you’ve seen someone other than yourself actually put up a fight.

A female swordsman at that. So you stood and watched.

They were evenly matched.

Both equally slow and weak but both were going at it with all their strength, which made you entertained. The demon however was slowly gaining the upper hand as the female swordsman slower.

As time went on the inevitable happened and the demon slayer got too tired.

“NO, Please no” she cried.

“You’re mine, bitch!!” said the demon.

The demon jumped at her but you swooped and cleaved his head mid air. Surprising both the demon and demon slayer.

Demon was obviously mad because he fought so hard, just to get his head cleaved at the last minute by some random guy. But he’s too dead for you to pay him any heed.

Instead your attention was on the defeated girl looking up to you right now.

‘Honestly, she’s beautiful. Maybe I could... No let's not be a degenerate’ you thought.

“Yknow, beautiful girls like you don’t belong here?” You gave an innocent smile. Masking the non innocent thought running through your head.

“Why? Why did you save me?" she said.

“Um, because you’d have died?” you replied, confused by her question.

“Then let me die!! Why!? WHY THE HELL I’M I SO WEAK!?” she cried.

“I- man I- I don’t know what to tell you”  you replied.

“But it’s okay i’m here now, i’ll protect you” you gently pat her back.

“I DON’T NEED YOUR FUCKING PITY!!” she pushed.

‘Okay, The fuck’s up with this bitch?' You thought.

“Ma’am, I’m trying to help you,” you said.

“I don’t need your he–”

“Bitch, you almost died to a practice level demon!! If I leave you’re going to die!!” You yelled.

You coming up to her level of aggression caught her off guard and she was simply speechless.

“Y'know what? Screw this, stay here by yourself. Hopefully you survive the next few days” you began walking away.

“Wait”

You heard her voice but ignored her.

“Wait! I’m sorry, okay!? Take me with you!!” she begged.

‘Ahh so you do have manners’ you thought.

"Fine then, as long as you don’t bother me” you smiled as she got up and ran up to your side.

“I’m Y/N L/N, Pleased to meet your acquaintance” you said.

“I’m Shinobu Kochou. Nice to meet you too” She said.

A/N- I am a man of my word afterall. I promised a double upload today to compensate for missing yesterday's upload schedule. Well, here we are 😁😁.