Chapter 2 - Master Zavior

Walking back to my chapel I begin to rethink what I've done. How stupid I could be to walk up to that girl. Thoughts of her fill my mind. Her straight, loose brown hair.Her big, innocent, brown eyes. The way they lighten up when she seen me. I didn't get her name. Damn. Frustration takes over. I'm angry for not getting her name and for going up to her in the first place. Just for some reason I couldn't resist her.

I open the door and slam it shut in frustration.

"Master Zavior may I be of any assistance", my most loyal servant, Greg, confronts me. He's always so formal. Always going by the rules. Always standing up tall. People would think he's just cocky, but I know the truth.

"Hot tea will do," I simply reply while heading up to my office. It's more of my room, since I'm usually always in it.

I still have a long day ahead of me, even though it's 8:30 pm. I'm always working. It's all I really know what to do. Other than fighting. I hear foot steps coming up the stairs already knowing it's Greg. I don't allow anyone up here other than Greg. Unless they planned a meeting, but that's it.

"I also brought you a pint of blood for a late night snack, your Majesty", he says once he enters. He always knows what to do. He's been my servant for sometime now.

"Thank-you Greg. This is plenty for the night", I say even though I know he'll be back every two hours. He's always checking on me. I say he's like a dad, but that involves emotions.

Once he leaves, I try and finish my work. About two minutes into it, that girl enters my mine again. The shape of her lips. The way she drawn my eyes to the exact point. There's something about her that gets my full attention. I can't put my finger on it.

Greg pops back in, which means I've lost track of time and it's rare for me to lose track of time. I look over at the clock to realize its been two hours.

"Do you need anything, sir?" he questions, like always.

"Yes." I can tell he is a bit surprised, but holds it in. He leans forward, waiting. He looks even a little excited. "I need you to do some research for me."