𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

Start from the beginning

My eyes meet his, the jade pools in front of me filling with so many unsaid things, and the last thing I see is him staring at the wall, seeming distracted by something else before I drift off.

★★★

Caden has been acting off.

I don't remember what happened last night because of how drunk I was, but it must've pissed him off.

Maybe I insulted him, or broke something of his?

That can't be it, I would've remembered that.

He's been more distant than usual, I mean- I'm not complaining, for all I care he can jump off a cliff. Maybe even do a flip.

I'm sitting at the kitchen island, eating my cereal and scrolling on my social media feeds while Caden is in his office doing god knows what. I'm just trying to remember what the hell I did that must've pissed him off last night.

God, I hate drinking.

The reason I even drank so much was because I tried calling my dad to make amends and put all of the drama behind us, but he wasn't having it.

Instead of talking to me, he sent me videos of some of my childhood toys and pictures with me and him in the fireplace, burning until there was nothing but crisps and flames left.

Fucking immature, but it still hurt. So instead of crying, I decided to drink my sorrows away.

Every time I think of it I feel like sobbing for the rest of my life. Which is when the alcohol comes in handy.

I watch as Caden walks out of his office and towards me, I thought he might talk to me or even look at me, but instead, he just grabs a stack of files on the table and goes back into his office.

I freeze when I see my former friend, Nico, pop up on my phone. I don't even follow him, I don't get how he got on there.

I used to like him, a lot even. We were inseparable for a long time before my stupid ass decided to confess to him and things went downhill. It wasn't my fault though, he said some hurtful stuff.

I look at his Instagram page and start mindlessly scrolling through the pictures, noticing that most of his posts are with a woman, who I'm assuming is his girlfriend.

"Shit!" I whisper yell when I accidentally like one of his photos. It's a new one so it doesn't seem like I'm stalking him but still, I don't want any contact with him.

I might just kill myself.

I immediately put my phone face down on the table, mortified. "You're fine, it's totally fine, he probably didn't even see it." I mutter to myself, trying not to pick up my phone.

I cant help it, I turn on my phone and groan when I see two messages awaiting me.

Nico: "Long time no see."

I don't want to put up with him, he's acting like nothing happened and he didn't crush my heart.

We aren't exes, which actually makes it worse, I liked him, and he rejected me in the most painful way possible.