Shinto Tournament PT.13/Wake Up Call

Start from the beginning

Serafall took her gaze away from her sister to look outside,

Serafall: ...Sona?

Sona: Hm? Yeah sis?

A few moments of silence before Serafall's lips began to move to speak.

Serafall: Izou... When we fought and while we were fighting he fused with Lucifer and I-

Sona: Wait? What? Lucifer, that's not possible.

He's been dead for centuries, so how could he have came back? It just didn't make any sense, why would...what does this have to do with Izou...

-!

Sona: So you're telling me that Izou is the reincarnation of Lucifer, the same Lucifer who started the last great war that nearly wiped us all out completely?

She didn't want to say it so she kept her mouth closed.

Serafall: That's exactly what I'm saying and I'm not sure if he's there anymore... What if that fight was the last time I got to see him now that all this shit has happened? Which means that everything I've done was all pointless and I thought was doing good or I like to tell myself I did... I mean he gave me chance so he must've thought I could do it but now...

She started to shake before Sona came over to hug her to calm her down.

Sona: Is it really over, or is that your doubts speaking for you Sera?

Serafall: I-I don't know... I know he's strong but even if he is getting a little better at trusting others, it doesn't change the fact that once you've been betrayed it gets harder and harder to trust again.

Sona: You need to stop moping and also something.

Serafall looked at Sona with narrowed eyes and went to protest but she held up her hand which told her without actually saying anything to shut up and listen.

Sona: All this crying won't do you any good, what matters now is that you get up and stop feeling sorry for yourself, we may be devils and we make mistakes but are you willing to fight to change that mistake or are you going to just sit there and accept that your son can no longer be saved. Is that what you want?

Serafall: I'm not accepting anything! I'm just-

Sona: Just what? What are you doing then if not moping around and actually finding ways to fix this, you made a promise to Izou saying you were going to put your words into action, was that just a lie you told him to put his mind at ease?!

Serafall: Shut up! You don't know what-

Sona: I know exactly what I'm talking about, you made a promise to him and now it seems you're going to break it and then that will be end of it all.

She walked away from her leaving her to her thoughts and reached for the door handle but saying something before she left.

Sona: I have a match with him in a few days you know that?

Serafall whipped around, Sona saw her eyes looked scared.

Serafall: Sona...You'll lose and he could hurst you! Or worse-

She didn't want to say the words but Sona knew what point she was getting to.

Sona: I know that, but I can't back down from others just because my opponent is stronger than me, just because the odds are stacked against me doesn't mean I'm going to give up, isn't that what you, Mom and Dad taught me?

As she opens the door Sirzechs and Grayfia came in and Sona bowed her head to them

Sirzechs: You don't have to do that you know that right, I kinda hate it when people do that.

Sona: Sorry about that... But what brings you here Lord Lucifer?

Sirzechs: Sera?

She raised her head a little to let him know she listening.

Sirzechs: I have good news for you Sera.

Serafall: Yeah? And what is it?

A few seconds of silenced passed before he continued.

Sirzechs: Izou is making a speedy recovery and should be out of the hospital by tomorrow evening.

Serafall: Really? That's good to hear but what about...

Sirzechs: The presence of Lucifer is still there but it seems according to Ajuka Izou's regeneration capabilities have shot through the roof alongside his dark light magic.

Serafall: So when we're all fighting him at that time, he wasn't even actually fused with him at that moment but almost there to the point that we thought it was completed.

He nodded his head and she looked out the window.

Serafall: What now?

Sirzechs: Well we-

A doctor kicks the door open and out of breath from running from the med bay.

Serafall stood up and sirzechs asked the doctor to calm himself.

Doctor: Forgive me Lord Lucifer but Lady Leviathan we have news for you, it's important.

Serafall: Well, what is it?

After a few moments of calming himself down he answered.

Doctor: You're Son he-

Serafall sprinted out of the room pushing everyone out of the way while the others fallowed her. Seeing the door she swung it open and stood still while the others finally caught up to her.

They all saw him standing near the window staring outside. Turning around to stare at them before glancing down at the chains and destroying them.

Izou: These are no longer necessary.

Serafall: Izou...

Izou: Heh, you're all here, what a wake up call.

Chapter 78 Complete