Quarterfinals

A.N. Aaand I am here with another chapter. Certainly been a while, guys. Firstly, I can explain this with my diminished desire to cover the current ark. Just feel like something is amiss. Don't worry, we will slug through this. Secondly, I had exams, thesis paper and its defence, but I'm now in possession of a bachelor's. Soo, I was also pretty occupied.

Also, how do you like the cover? I tried my best.

"That was a bit harsh, don't you think?" Kirishima asked his friend.

Danny raised an eyebrow and glanced at the empty seat Kaminari used to occupy. The rest of their classmates followed suit.

"Ya think?" Danny asked and took a sip out of a water bottle. "He will be alright. You know I could do worse."

"I'm pretty sure you broke some of his bones with that chair," Sero pointed out.

"Did he even feel it, though?" Asked Danny. "You know, with his mind fried and all."

"That's an interesting question," Midoriya mumbled as he wrote something in his journal.

"We must not forget what the last two matches taught us," Iida raised his hand. "The damage dealt during the fights may turn out to be more grave than we expect."

"I just hit him with a chair," Danny moaned.

"You have superstrength, Fenton," Jiro reminded him dryly. "Iida-san, isn't your match the next one?"

"Oh, you are right!" Iida exclaimed in horror and bolted under some good-natured laughs from his classmates.

"Who is he fighting against, again?" Asked Kirishima.

"Mei Hatsume," responded Danny.

"We haven't seen her use her Quirk yet," Midoriya said.

"Because it's useless in a fight," Danny was quick to clear the confusion. "It grants her an eyesight strong enough to see several miles ahead. That's why I didn't warn Iida. Didn't see the need. You probably have all seen that it's not her Quirk you should be wary about."

"It's her gadgets," the green-haired student realised. "How do you know of this?"

"Our shared passion for tool-creation makes us meet pretty often," Danny said dramatically. "We occasionally talk."

"Talk how exactly?" Asked Mineta with an expression that obviously hinted at his obscene thoughts.

"It's mostly just sharing of knowledge," answered Phantom without batting an eye. "Although I don't teach the use of ectoplasm in engineering. I'll probably get punished for that."

"By whom?" Mina tilted her head.

"Some very annoying guys with too much power. They're already angry enough with me as it is."

Everyone blinked.

"What have you done to upset them?" Midoriya asked.

"Well, one, I am still alive, despite their best wishes. And two...this will stay between us, I think."

They still couldn't deal with the fact that the Infinite Realms needed a glorified conduit in the form of a monarch. With the previous royal gone, there was only one viable candidate. One who had enough support among the closest lords to upend the Observants' hold over the dead world. They viewed him as a threat, while still not forgetting how Phantom had made a fool out of them, making the world question if their gift of foresight was as impeccable as everyone had believed. But, at some point, an unspoken agreement was reached. Danny, after all, was not eager to ascend from the title of a Prince, content with the rank he already had.