sixteen

dear cassandra,

the first time you met my parents was when we visited brazil to have another trip together and there was a fiesta going on in my village and we, well you, wanted to meet my parents and i actually didn't want you to meet them since i didn't want my mom embarrassing me.

you see, my mom was a sucker for some girl company and since i wasn't the type to bring a girl home, she didn't like me for that. whenever i would bring a girl home, either it was a study mate or a friend, she'd always be hyper and stuff and it actually would scare the girl.

anyways, i didn't like the idea of it but i did it for you.

we went to my home at around nine in the morning and since my mom leaves for work in morning, it wasn't quite a hassle. my dad liked you right away and he liked the fact that i actually brought a girl home after so long which was kind of embarrassing.

what i liked about you was you weren't scared at all, i mean, you were the one who even told me to go see my parents and i liked that about you. you were a confident person.

anyways, my mom came home at around four-ish and as soon as she saw you, she didn't hesitate to pull you up and give you a hug. i could feel myself get embarrassed and when i looked at you, you didn't seem weirded out at all.

the day was surprisingly fun and i was glad to find out that my parents absolutely loved you.

i miss you cass, and i still think about you. please write back.

love,
lucas.