Secrets

(Storm)

From The View of Lilian Green

"Okay, okay! We need some news! Come on people, we aren't just paying you to sit there and look pretty!" my father yelled, making the reporters and Hayden jump. You'd think after a life of being my best friend and hanging out at the office he would get use to it, but no. 

"Come on Hayden, it's only my dad, you know he'd never hurt you." Hayden nodded and followed me to a empty room that was rarely used and now  had become our hang out  since age eleven. As soon as I closed the glass door he sighed. "What is it now?" I asked, going to sit beside him. The room was small, I was guessing around 7 foot by 7, but that was only a guest really. It only fit in a desk and two big black wheely chair so we were almost always pressed in between things.

"As soon as we got home my mother started again," he answered, his eyes going to his arms where new marks were probably starting to scar. I sighed and got up, pulling him to his feet and hugging him. 

Still in embrace I rubbed his back, before asking another question. "What happened?" I sat back down and pulled him down with me. He sat half on my lap, and half on the seat. My head rested against his shoulder so I could see his face, and my arms were wrapped around him.

"Father wasn't there so it wasn't as bad as usual, but mom-" he held in a sob, having to close his eyes to do so. After a couple of seconds he could speak again, and I cotinued to rub his back. "But mom decided it would be a good idea to start on my weight again. How I'm a waste of space and how I would be no son of hers until I gain muscels. Mom said-" he started to sob again, turning into my chest.

If anybody would see us they'd probably consider it the weirdest thing ever. Hayden was a big guy, atleast twice or three times the size of myself, and the fact he was crying into a girl my size would look so weird, and I knew it. I was stronger then him, atleast mentally, and he broke apart more often then a four year old. But I loved him, he was my best friend and would always be. If I didn;t come up with something in the next six months I'd be calling the police, no matter how much it'll hurt letting go of him. 

"Shush," I whispered, and he let his body just relax into my own. In a matter of seconds the sound of snoring reached my ear and I smiled, knowing how much he'd need the sleep. Still "Shush"ing him I rubbed his back, feeling more like a mother with her three year old son then a fifteen year old girl with her best friend. 

Finally after I decided he was fast asleep I slid out under his large body and went to his bag, still making the noise to make sure he didn't wake up. Slowly I unzipped his backpack and slowly began to pull things papers out, that didn't seem to have anything to do with school. Me and Hayden had the same classes, minus the fact he did Academic Math and I did Applied, and the papers I saw didn't look like math.

It was a yellow large evenalope, and opening it I pulled out some papers that were stabled together, and gasped at what I saw.

Name: Hayden  Jace Bedstrong

Adopted  Mother: Tina  Cora Bestrong (Ashley)

Adopted Father: Herold Smith Bedstrong

Birthmother:  Victoria Rose

Birthfather: Unknown

Closing my eyes I tried to read it again, but I couldn't help it. I just couldn't understand what I saw. But with a breath I put it back, and wondered how I'd keep the secret. I couldn't tell him, could I? No, he'd freak out if he knew I went through his stuff, but still....