• 19. Beautiful Memories

Start from the beginning

"They caught my sister's culprits??", He stuttered. Ashutosh nodded.
"Jis camera se un kamino ne tumhari behen ka rape karte hue video banaya tha usi camera se un sab ne unki torture aur confession record kiya."
Listening this Kunal closed his eyes trying to control his tears.
(The camera with which those rascals made the video of raping your sister, they recorded their torture and confession with the same camera.)

Ashutosh looked at him and sighed.
"Kunal i was also like you. I also used to thought that what these six are doing is wrong. It's police work not theirs but slowly slowly i understood that this world is not pure. It's filled with monsters. What do you think the people who are victims of Abuse, rape feel delight just by this when their culprits go in jail?? The answer is no. They will feel real happiness when those bastards will get the same pain, same torture, same helplessness they put other people through.", He said.

Kunal didn't say anything but realised that he is right. They go to jail and after sometime got bailed because of their influence and people can't do anything.
Every day many rape cases got filed but justice?? Very few people get justice. Only... A few.

Until the truth comes out, either the girl accepts defeat or the society kills her. Every day they have to face a new difficulty even after they are not at fault. It will take years to fight, everyday she has to see her culprits in court, justify herself, and remember those moments, but even after this only a few people get justice and after that people speak ill of that girl only. She has to suffer people's question.
'What were you doing there at that time??'
'What were you wearing??'
'Are you sure it was not your fault??' 'She must have seduced them.'
'Why are you even fighting?? It's useless.'

Kunal stood up and was about to go but turned around and asked, "Sir, why did Sanjay went to arrest Shivanya??"
Ashutosh glanced at him and said, "I can't tell you that Kunal. It's pretty confidential." Kunal nodded, saluted him and went away from there.

Kunal entered his car and leaned down in his seat. He closed his eyes and let the tears fall. Tears made their way through eyes, sliding on his cheeks to get immersed in his neckline. He hold the steering wheel and kept his head on it.
He cried... cried for his sister who went through many sufferings, many pain, many nightmares because of some bastards. He put his fist in his mouth trying to control his tears.

He wept as he bite his fist. His cheeks wet, eyes red, hand clenched.
"Aaaaaaaaaa....", He screamed punching the steering wheel and kept punching it.
After sometime he wiped his tears and started his car. He reached his home in some minutes.

He opened the door with the keys and entered his home. He straight went to his sister's room and knocked on it after sometime he heard a come in so he entered. He saw his sister on balcony sitting on a....... wheelchair.
He looked at her wheelchair and his eyes became teary again.
'Both bastards broke her legs so she couldn't run away from their torture.'

"What happened bhai (brother)??", His sister asked as she came there by moving her wheelchair. Kunal took a deep breath and kneeled down in front of her.
He took her hands in his and asked,
"Mira..i found out who helped us in finding your culprits. Do you want to meet them??"

Mira eyes sparkled with joy and eagerly nodded. He chuckled seeing her excitement. "We will meet them tomorrow.", He said. "No.. no..i want to meet them today. Please.. please bhai (brother).", She pleaded showing her puppy eyes which he couldn't resist.
He sighed and mumbled okay.