Snowy Tension

Somewhere in a snowy wasteland...
A shutter door of a snowed in facility is raised by two soldiers in black and covered in snow. They let four people in and go in after them. Letting the shutter door fall shut and shielding the soldiers from the cold. Now in a dark room where they couldn't see 2 meters in front of them.

Qilin's POV

Qilin: it's so fucking dark in here...

I pull my flashlight out and turn it on. I look around and it looks like we're in some kind of warehouse section of this Sangvis Ferri base.

Everyone else pulled their flashlights out and we started to look around for a light switch or something else that would give us a light source, so that we wouldn't tread around in the dark.

The search was futile as we lit a candle that we found in the middle of the room. It illuminated the area a little bit so that we could see each other again. We turned out flashlights off and sat down around the candle to rest from the brutal blizzard.

I grunted as I sat down.

Qilin: I don't know what's worse... having some weird assholes with advanced technology after you or freezing my balls off with you.

AN-94: why are you so mean?

Qilin: what do you mean?

I thought that was normal banter. Didn't know robots made for war are so damn sensitive.

Shadow: definitely being stuck with you.

Lockjaw: yep, being with y'all is pure suffering.

Qilin: Damn right.

Shadow: agreed.

AN-94: ...

I glanced at AN-94 again and noticed that shocked expression on her face. I guess she isn't used to normal banter. To be expected from a robot. Do they even have banter?

AK-15: I notice you looking at 94. Don't worry about it. She's fine.

AN-94: I'm not fine! Can we like not insult each other?

Lockjaw: no.

Shadow: negative.

Qilin: hard pass. Fuck you.

AN-94: why would you-

She was interrupted by AK-15 who held her back. She's obviously trying to be the adult in this situation while we try to lighten the mood. My squad and I raise our fists to symbolize our unity in this subject.

AN-94 puffs and looks away annoyed. AK-15 just shrugs and inspects her rifle for anything that needs work to be completely ready for an engagement if that happens. So I stroke up a conversation with the boys.

Qilin: so, you never told us what you did before you joined us, Shadow.

Shadow looked up from the burning flame of the candle and was quiet for a bit. He then raised his head and looked at me. His face still completely covered so his expression was unreadable. But I take it he wasn't happy to tell.

Shadow: do you truly want to know?

Qilin: I wouldn't ask if I didn't want to.

Shadow: fair enough.

He looked around and then got closer to me as he spoke...

Shadow: I was... under the direct command of Duvall. I was apart of one of his Overwatch teams.

Qilin: that Duvall? You lucky son of a bitch! I never even saw that guy. Are the legends true?

Shadow: yes. He somehow uses smart ammunition in his sniper rifle. He can curve the bullets. It's insane.