Chapter 21: Shocked Mia

Start from the beginning

She suddenly smiled, tearing her gaze away. Suddenly, she felt relaxed as she was engulfed by an unprecedented warmth. A while after, she fell asleep again...

...

The next day when she woke up, the man beside her was nowhere in sight. After Arya finished washing up and went downstairs, she realized that the entire villa was empty, but the dining table did have breakfast prepared.

Arya had just sat down and had a few mouthfuls of the porridge when Mia called. She then remembered that she had made plans to meet Mia last night.

"Arya, I've already reached Bamboo Teahouse. When are you reaching? Don't tell me that you haven't woken up and have run off somewhere. Earlier, I went to your apartment and rang the doorbell for a long time, no one answered!"

Mia's impatient voice came through. Arya then put the spoon in her hand down.

"Order some food first. I'm rushing over right now."

Then, she took the glass of water at the side and had a few gulps. She did not even have the time to tidy up as she had just gone to the drawer to get the car keys and rush out.

By the time she sped all the way to Bamboo Teahouse, nearly an hour had passed. Mia who was waiting in the private room was already very impatient.

When she saw Mia's angry yet worried look, Arya served her tea while her twinkling eyes flashed with a light as her beautiful face forced a smile.

"I'm sorry for letting you worry, Mia. I'm fine, I've been living pretty well these past few days too."

"Where did you go these past few days? I couldn't find you at your apartment, nor at the company. I've heard all about what happened at the banquet. It's just that shameless thing getting engaged right? Do you have to go the point of being so disheartened that you hid away to mourn, or be upset alone?"

Mia shot Arya a look for failing to meet her expectations of staying strong. She chided,

"Arya, to be honest, I really can't stand you. You're just so stubborn. Don't try to correct your mistakes! Victoria, that pretentious slut, seeing her pretend to be all innocent makes me want to rush up and rip her apart! How dare she be so shameless to send me an engagement invitation? What the hell? She even pitifully said that she just wants you to live better, that she'd rather return Ethan to you. That bitch! Now, isn't she still getting engaged to Ethan?! You don't know this, but when I came over, I even saw them try on their formal attires... I'm so pissed off..."

When she saw Mia all furious and getting angrier as she spoke, Arya who quietly listened to her angry venting suddenly said calmly,

"Mia, I'm married."

"What? What do you mean 'married'?"

Interrupted by Arya, Mia looked very unhappily at her. However, seeing that Arya was drinking her tea, her brain suddenly understood and realized what Arya had just said!

"Arya, what did you just say? Married? Did you say you were married?"

Mia widened her eyes and looked at Arya, stunned.

Under Mia's shocked gaze, Arya looked up slightly. When she saw Mia's stunned face, she could not help but purse her lips and chuckle. Her tone was very calm as she affirmed,

"You heard me right. I am indeed married."

Mia only snapped back to her senses after quite a while. She held onto Arya's hand and fixed her gaze on her, her beautiful eyes still filled with disbelief as her little face was tensed up.