Weekend Whip

"Cole! Guess what?"

Cole looked over at him, his hands around Lloyd's wrists. "Yeah, Jay?"

"I got tickets to the Stone Heart show next month. And they're front row!"

"Okay?"

"I only got two of them. Do you want to go with me?"

"I've already got things going on, but thank you for the offer. Maybe you should take Nya."

"I already asked her and she said, and I quote, 'I will never go on a date with you.' I tried to tell her it wasn't a date, but she wouldn't listen."

"Did you want it to be a date with her?"

"Kinda, but I know she doesn't like me in that way." 

Cole let go of Lloyd and bowed before walking over to Jay. "Maybe bring Kai. He's a huge fan of them and he won't think of it as a date."

"Bring me to where?"

"I got two tickets to the Stone Heart concert next month."

Kai's face lit up. "Can I go with you? I love them so much!"

Jay looked at Cole, who had a 'I-told-you-so' expression before nodding. "Of course."

"Yes!" Kai did a goofy dance, getting a laugh from everyone else. "I can't wait!"

"Who's your favorite Heart?" Jay asked him, leaning against the railing.

"Gemstone, duh. How about you?"

"Ground Shaker." Jay's cheeks tinted pink.

"You have a crush on him!"

"Do not! I like Nya, everyone knows that!"

Zane walked into the courtyard. "Why is Jay shouting?"

"He has a crush on Ground Shaker."

"From Stone Hearts?"

Kai nodded, bouncing on his heels. "Jay likes Ground Shaker," he sang. "Jay likes Ground Shaker."

"Kai! Shut up!"

Lloyd rolled his eyes. "We should have dinner. Cole, are you planning on staying?"

"If Zane made enough food, sure."

The ninja and Sensei Wu sat around a table, food piled onto the plates. This was Cole's third time staying over for dinner. Every time, it made the others super happy. They all loved Cole's presence and he had fallen into the group without problems.

"Okay," Kai spoke up. "Cole, are you seeing anyone?"

Cole shook his head. "I am not."

"Shoot. I was hoping we could do a double date."

"You're seeing someone?"

"Her name's Skylor." Kai grinned. "Do you like anyone?"

"I do."

"Who?"

"Eh. It doesn't matter. I don't have a chance with him."

"Him?"

"Yeah." Cole looked at everyone else, who was staring at him with wide eyes. "Wait, did you guys not know I'm gay?"

"No!"

"I thought it was obvious."

Zane chuckled. "I figured it out quite quickly. He does have glitter on him almost all the time."

"I thought he had shiny skin."

Cole let out a snort, covering his mouth. "Holy First Spinjitzu Master. You all crack me up!"

Cole put his keys onto the shoe cubby, kicking off his shoes and wiggling his toes. He hated wearing shoes, he always had. 

He stretched his arms over his head as he walked. He needed a shower then go to bed. He loved training, but it was even more exhausting than dancing while singing was. Hopefully soon, Cole will have mastered Spinjitzu like his teammates.

"You're home," Micah said when Cole walked into their room to grab clean clothes. 

"I am."

"What have you been doing lately? You're barely around anymore. We only see you during class, practice, and gigs."

"Sorry. Speaking of, have any of you figured out the dance moves for our version of the Weekend Whip?"

"No. Do you have any ideas?"

"I do. Do you want me to show you all before or after my shower?"

"Before. You'll get all sweaty."

Cole nodded and put the clothes onto his bed. "Help me set up the living room, yeah?"

Micah stood up. "I'll get the twins. Then we'll all help you."

"Sounds good." Cole walked into the living room. 

It wasn't too hard to rearrange the layout. Ryan a while back had put wheels on all of the furniture. It sounded like a crazy idea, but it made things much easier. They did move the furniture out of the way all of the time to work on their dance moves.

The other three arrived and the living room was ready. They sat on the couch, watching Cole.

Cole started out by standing sideways, tapping his left foot. He hummed the song.