Chapter 20: Knight Family's Queen Mother Has Arrived

Start from the beginning

"Are you the one the elder said performed very well in Glory World? Director Johns who looks pretty good, Robert Johnson's granddaughter?"

Arya was stunned. The scene of her first meeting with Xavier flashed through her mind.

The blind date!

Arya's cheeks heated up. Suddenly, her face reddened and she nodded.

"Hello. So, you know my grandfather as well?"

"Of course, we were good comrades back then. I heard that old fella mention that he has a treasured granddaughter. He told me about it... Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Grandmother... Xavier is my grandson!"

Bella was running her mouth, but her eyes became sharp when she glared at Xavier.

"If your father and Manager hadn't mentioned it to me, we'd still have no idea about it! How long have you been together?"

Xavier then turned to lock eyes with Bella.

"We're already married. She's now your granddaughter-in-law and we're staying together legally. Arya, greet her formally."

Married!

Granddaughter-in-law!

Staying together legally!

These phrases made the old lady's blood pressure rocket sky-high!

Bella widened her eyes and looked at the young couple before her. In her astoundment, her eyes rolled around before she came back to her senses, locking her gaze onto Arya's pretty little face.

"Xavier mentioned that you guys are married?"

Arya nodded and smiled shyly. She replied politely,

"Hello, Grandmother! I'm sorry I didn't visit you earlier..."

Arya's reply made the usually quick-witted Bella stunned for some time. Her eyes darted between the two of them repeatedly as her body seemed to have frozen.

Not knowing what to say, the sudden news indeed shocked the elder. Moreover, she was the one who had mentioned getting married first. Arya then realized that her rash decision had caused such a big uproar, so she was now worried about her grandpa and her mother's side. Would they...

She looked at Xavier uneasily, her eyes screaming for help. He noticed her intention and then smiled at her before he set his gaze on Bella.

Bella finally came back to her senses. An odd expression appeared on her face as a light flashed through her sharp eyes and she grinned at the two of them. Staring at Xavier squarely in the eyes, she quipped,

"I'm not a very traditional person. I'll accept it since you both are already married. However, since you guys got married in such a hurry, could it be...?"

The old lady's sharp eyes were focused on Arya's stomach as she grinned like a cunning fox.

"Did you guys not take safety precautions and had an accident?"

"Pfft!"

Arya was drinking some tea, but upon hearing the speculation, she started coughing and tea spurted out of her mouth. As a result of her shock, the wound on her shoulder jolted slightly. Xavier reacted quickly by grabbing several tissues for her to avoid the mess from worsening.

"What nonsense are you talking about? Don't you have anything else in your mind?" Xavier frowned at Bella. At the same time, he placed a hand behind Arya's back protectively.

"How are you feeling?"

Arya raised her hand slightly to indicate that she was fine, but her little face was all red. All of a sudden, she felt that it was very hot. She glared at Xavier awkwardly and wanted him to explain!