19 | Emotions

𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔡

𝔥. 17

Elisa pov:

"That shorty has a lot of arrogance," hissed Mikasa, right after I had spoken a little about what had happened. Well, there wasn't much to tell, actually - I had revealed to the four in front of me that I had a crush on Levi san and I had sort of confessed to him but had been rejected.

"Easy there, Mikasa," I said with a concerned laugh. "This isn't something to get so worked up over. I mean, I can't force my feelings on him, or anyone else for that matter."

"That may be, but he still needs to be taught a lesson for being so full of himself," she spoke, narrowing her eyes further.

Hange laughed loudly, giving Mikasa a hard slap on her back that had even me wincing. She then said, "You're really fearless when it concerns these three, aren't you, Mikasa? But, seriously, you shouldn't think of teaching him a lesson. He's called Humanity's Strongest for a reason, and I don't think you'd want him as an opponent even though he doesn't really like beating up girls."

"Captain Levi isn't one to go against," mumbled Eren, shuddering as he recalled what he had had to go through with Levi san. As quickly as he had recovered from the blows he had received, I was certain that the pain from them was hard to forget. Despite the slight fear he had for Levi san, there was also a strong sense of reverence. Well, it wasn't surprising considering how amazing a soldier Levi san was.

"You all are rather useless when it comes to matters of the heart," Hange said with a click of her tongue. She was looking over us, especially me, with such pity that it was almost hilarious.

"And you're an expert?" I mused.

"I may not be an expert but I can definitely see what's happening here. I was actually eavesdropping on the two of you yesterday," she confessed without a hint of remorse. "So, I know what happened better than all of you."

"Eavesdropping, Hange, really?" I asked with a raised brow. "I can't believe you did that."

"I couldn't help it! The two of you were together and there was so much tension in the air, and I just had to know what was going on! I wasn't surprised you took the first step."

"Hange," I deadpanned

"I was just about to go to bed after doing some experiments! Honest! I didn't follow you two like a stalker," she defended, though was a bit too cheerful about that.

"I don't believe you. That aside, what is it that you understood more than me?"

"Levi definitely likes you!"

"He doesn't. If he did he wouldn't have-"

"No, no no, he definitely does!" she insisted, interrupting me. "He looked like crap when he left the kitchen after rejecting you! His eyes and expression and tense body were obvious indicators that he was hiding something! He was holding back, and feeling like crap about it."