7 | Breach

𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔡

ℭ𝔥. 7

Elisa pov:

Luck was on my side, it seemed. None of the other cadets had noticed my midnight excursion and meeting with the members Survey Corps visiting. None noticed the apparent soreness of my body either. My less than normal performance in training today was considered a result of a bout of laziness rather than anything else.

Sergeant Shadis had been less than sympathetic despite knowing of the state of my body. Well, it was expected of him and not something that bothered me in the slightest. Still, I was drained of energy much before the end of training. In desperate need of a short rest to pull through after-dinner chores, I asked Sasha to fill in for my chores before dinner with the promise of giving her half of my steamed potatoes for the next week. The much needed nap had refreshed me and put me up to doing my chores without much problem after it, albeit with lingering soreness in my muscles.

My spar with Lance Corporal Levi Ackerman had been quite interesting. We were nearly the same height, with him being a little more than a couple of inches taller, but there was an obvious difference in our physiques that came with being of opposite genders. While I had expected him to be a tough opponent in the spar, even more because he had said that he wouldn't hold back, I hadn't expected him to possess such an amazing level of raw strength and skill. Even fighting at my fullest potential had me losing to him.

And I was nearly certain that he was holding back too, at least a little.

His agility and reflexes were incredible, as was his fluidity in every attack

His agility and reflexes were incredible, as was his fluidity in every attack. He was perhaps the first person I had fought against that I ended up losing to and admiring. He had walked away without a scratch while I was sore and bruised in multiple places. Well, I suppose my physical strength was rather lacking in this body despite the three, no, four years of training I had got through when I decided that I would annihilate the Titans. My seemingly genetic frailness was biting me in the butt, but I had made up for it with skills in fluid maneuvers and the ODM gear. However, I had a feeling that it wouldn't be the most helpful in the long run. It was a flaw that I would have to figure out what to do about, especially if it posed as a hindrance when dealing with Titans.

The spar had also made me realize what it would take for one to be a strong fighter who could kill Titans. The Lance Corporal was famous in that respect, known as Humanity's Strongest Soldier and his skill alone equivalent to an entire brigade. It was odd that he did not have a higher designation considering his reputation.

Pressing my lips into a thin line while I gazed at my reflection in the bathroom, I also recalled that the Lance Corporal's manner of speaking was rather blunt and insulting. The fact that his colleagues didn't seem to mind it surprised me – perhaps he had always been that way and everyone around him had got used to it. Still, it wasn't something that everyone would find comfortable – I too had been a little put off after being called a brat a few times. My attempt to change the way he addressed me by stating my age had been in vain, and it had left me suppressing the desire to roll my eyes at him.