2 | Dreams

𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔡

𝔥. 2

Judy pov:

"Do you have everything you need?" asked Mike, having adjusted the strap of his bag over his shoulder. He was dressed smartly and looked excited about commencing our mission.

"Yes, I'm ready," I answered, returning his smile with one of my own. I had only a hand purse as luggage for this mission, in which I had a dagger and a small handgun besides the one I had strapped onto my thigh under my dress. I ran my fingers once through the silky strands of the wig I wore – a small prop I had put on as a disguise unlike Mike who had dyed his hair a fancy purple. He had always been the show-off of our team and missed not one chance to try something others would hesitate to.

 He had always been the show-off of our team and missed not one chance to try something others would hesitate to

"Alright then, let's go!"

With a laugh and a shake of my head, I followed him out of our office and to his posh Lamborghini car. We got in and drove to the location of our mission – the Grand Orca Bar and Disco. We got off at the entrance and handed the keys of the car to a chauffeur for valet parking. Entwining my arm with his, we stepped into the bar after showing the man at the entrance our VIP pass card.

The noise inside the bar was blaring, not quite the kind that I enjoyed but had got quite used to thanks to countless missions like this one. Mike liked it though and was quick to blend into the crowd of dancing people, pulling me along. He held my waist and I his shoulders as we danced, as if we were a couple enjoying a weekend night to the fullest. With a little acting necessary, we stuck close and I laughed under the nuzzling Mike gave my neck, playing along when he even kissed my exposed shoulder too.

"You're going a bit overboard with the flirting, you know?" I mused with a smile, though didn't push him away.

"All a part of the job, cupcake," he responded smartly, only hugging me closer to himself.

It was mildly uncomfortable, for such close physical contact with anyone, even Mike who had been my best friend for as long as I could remember, was not something I really liked. Call me old-fashioned, but I thought of such acts as something to be shared only with 'the one'. However, considering my line of work, acting like a couple was inevitable many times. It was also one of the reasons why I wished that there was even the slightest chance for me to stop being a secret agent and have a normal life like others of my age.

"I see him," Mike whispered into my neck, still pretending to shower me with his flirty affection while his eyes scanned the entire bar in business mode. It brought me out of my thoughts.

"How many with him?" I asked, flirting back boldly with my fingers in his messy tousles.

"Six, and a woman," came Mike's answer.