Chapter 16

🌷 (Y/n) P.O.V. 🌷

"It's pricey, but I really do like it." Sokka ponders aloud, debating over a bag. "Then you should get it, you deserve something nice. Right, (Y/n)?" I nod in agreement. "See? Even (Y/n) agrees."

"I do, don't I?...But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't." He decides. "All right, then don't." Katara says simply, walking away in boredom. Aang gets up and follows her, but I remain with the Watertribe boy. Sokka pauses for a moment and follows, his eyes still on the bag as he moves. "Oh my...just get the bag Sokka." I insist with a sigh. "You know what? You're right. I'm gonna get it." He smiles enthusiastically, and I resist the urge to do the same. His smile is just...contagious. "I'll be able to carry so much in here, look at this space." He enthuses as we go to purchase it from the vendor. "You could put your dagger in here."

"Not having it on me would defeat the purpose a little."

"But the space!" He argues. I smirk with amusement. "Maybe if I happen to get more blades." I suggest. "Why not get one? You deserve something nice." He says, quoting Katara. I frown. "I...disagree. I don't think I've been nice enough to deserve nice, to put it simply." Now he frowns, and I regret my words. "(Y/n), you need to forgive yourself. We have. We're you're friends." Sometimes I forget how thoughtful he really is. He does know he's talking about, he thinks critically. But not me; I shrug in response. We finally meet up with the other two outside, noticing a flyer in their hands for Earthbending classes.

🪨🪨🪨🪨🪨

We wait outside the gates for Aang to finish classes. When he does, he doesn't seem all too pleased. "Ehhh, he's not the one." He beats his head, causing sand to fall out of his ear. Yeah, I'd say. Two boys walk out, talking loudly. "I think The Boulder's going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble VI."

"He's going to have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to get a shot at the champ."

I huff in annoyance, but Aang runs after them. "Excuse me, but where is this earthbending tournament, exactly?"

"It's on the island of Noneya ... 'Noneya' business!" Their insults are trivial, and I tell Aang so when he frowns. Sokka laughs, but stops when I say, "There was no creativity or intelligence behind their words."

"I'll take care of this," Katara says. "Hey, strong guys! Wait up!" She runs after the students around a corner. "What was I thinking?" Sokka is looking at his bag now. "I don't need a new bag! Why did you let me buy this?" He asks me. "You'll like it again in two minutes." I say dismissively. He puts the bag down and crosses his arms in front of his chest. Momo hops off his shoulder, into the bag. I decide to pick up the bag as an excuse to pet the little lemur friend until Katara comes running back.

"You ready to find an earthbending teacher? Because we're going to Earth Rumble VI!" She announces. "How'd you get them to tell you?" Aang asks. "Oh... a girl has her ways." She smiles proudly. When we start walking, I make sure no one else can hear before whispering, "I'm a girl."

"Oh really?" She teases. "What were the ways." I retort. "Froze them parallel to the ground." She shrugs like it's no big deal. I smirk. "Those are good ways."

🪨🪨🪨🪨🪨

A large rectangular arena is located in the middle of this hall is what we came for. I guess people fight for sport. Perhaps it's not so different from the Firenation here. I shudder at the thought of an Agni Kai. "Hey, front row seats! I wonder why no one else is sitting here." Aang says cheerfully as we sit on the ground level. Almost on cue, a huge rock smashes into the seats next to us. "Yeah, I wonder." In the center of the ring, the event's host raises an earthen platform. "Welcome to Earth Rumble VI! I am your host, Xin Fu!"