Arriving at Camp Wawanakwa

(Y/n)'s POV

I'll admit, when I saw the advertisement for this show that catered to me directly, I should've thought it was too good to be true. But I didn't. I also should've questioned why I needed to be taken to the filming location by boat, but once again, nothing. When I got dropped off at a dock of a summer camp, I was many things, but mainly confused. That was until I saw the host, Chris McLean. Then I knew what was up. This dude was known to be shady. Again, should've read the flyer more carefully. After Chris explained to me that I actually wasn't at some rock music place to jam with people and that I was actually going to compete ALL SUMMER with 22 STRANGERS, that's when I got angry. Strangers?! I don't do strangers! I looked around at my now cast mates and observed them. There was a dude in pink that looked like he knew how to party, a Girl Scout, a dude with a guitar and a handprint shirt, a goth girl, a ton of other people that looked like complete opposites of each other. Then my eyes landed on him.

I saw a tall boy with neon hair, some piercings, a skull shirt, jeans, red converse, and this horrifying scowl on his face. I thought I had found someone like me I could vibe with, but his face said otherwise.

Duncan's POV

I was incredibly angry with my parole officers for allowing this to happen to me. "Have good behavior," they said. "We believe in you," they said. Well what is this?! An opportunity for me to beat the crap out of this Chris McLAME guy and I can't or else he'll call them?! I thought I'd finally have a good summer with that rock lounge, but here I am with all these dorks. I looked around at all my competitors. There was a girl that looked super uptight, constantly telling everyone she was a CIT, whatever that means, a red head kid with his piano, a blonde surfer, some crazy ginger girl who looked like she was wrapped in ivy, literally everyone that I could easily crush with my fist. Then I saw them.

I looked into these gorgeous (y/e/c) eyes and noticed a loose strand of their (y/h/c) hair blowing in the wind. They seemed similar to me, minus the skull tee and other crazy things I had on me, especially my criminal record. I knew they liked rock music from the amp they brought with them. I had to snap myself back to reality before I went absolutely insane. I've never noticed these things about someone else before, so why is this happening to me now? I don't know. I couldn't tell you. What I did know was I needed to ask their name, and I needed to do it the only way how.

"Hey hot stuff!" I yelled at them. "Come on over here and tell me your name!"

"Not if you think that's a way to flatter me," they replied. Playing hard to get, huh? Well, my dear, two can play at that game.