Chapter-11

Chapter-11

Layla Alberto's POV

"Hi Papa!" I go and hug him before giving him a kiss on the cheek. He hugs me back.

"There is my girl!" He kisses the crown of my head and we pull away before sitting in our chairs. Mama and Max are at the table too. It is evening and Papa very rarely comes home so soon from the office.

"I missed you, Papa! So much!" I pout and see Max rolling his eyes. I poke my tongue out and he shakes his head. Papa pats my hair.

"I missed you too. How is the school going? Any boy you like?" He asks casually eating his bread and I freeze. Act normal, Layla! Act normal! Shit! Does he know that Ben and I are getting closer than usual?! He cannot! It took this long to get Ben close to me. I can't lose him now! I look at Max and he shakes his head. I let out a breath of sigh. So he doesn't know! I look at Mama and she has a knowing smile on.

"Um... Boys?" I scoff and stuff my face with a piece of bread. "I... don't... li..e any."My voice comes out muffled. Papa looks at me, pauses for a moment. He is analysing me. I smile and continue eating my bread.

"Good. Because you are not dating till you are thirty." He announces and I nearly choke on the bread I am eating.

"What?!" I nearly yell. "Max dates! He dates a lot of women!" I point at him and he just casually eats his food.

"Hey! I treat them with respect. You think I got the title 'The Gentleman' just because?" He asks and I scowl. That's what he is called at school. Ben is called 'The Cold One.' Max looks at Mama. "My Mama raised me well." He says kissing the side of her head.

"What happened to equality?!" I whine.

"No. Only at thirty!" Papa has this finality in his voice. "How about we go for out father-daughter date night tomorrow?" Papa asking trying to cool me. I turn my head away. "We missed it last month." I get up from the chair.

"No! Only when you agree to let me date." I want to stomp my foot, but decided against it. They would make fun of me.

"Never." Papa's voice gets low. I get up from the chair.

"Well then. No date tomorrow!" I yell as I run to my room. That Little Brat! I hear my brother as I climb up the stairs and go to my room before slamming it shut. I sit down on my bed still angry. Why don't the universe want me to be with Ben? I look to my left and find a red rose with a large stem. Ben was here! My hand reaches out to the rose and I pull it to my nose to smell it. He keeps leaving these roses.

There is a note there too. I pick it up. He usually never leaves notes. Eager, my eyes skin through the words.

Hey My Little Star,

I might not be able to visit you this weekend. Have a great weekend.

-B

I pull it to my chest as my heart does flips and I smile automatically like an idiot.

Ah, Ben! Hold me!

"Good morning, Jessica! Is Ben in his room?" I walk into their house going straight to Ben's room. Jessica is cooking breakfast. Today is Sunday which means there is no way of seeing Ben. I need my daily dose of Ben. So here I am!

"Good morning, Layal! Yes, he must come out soon." She replies. I skip to his room and open the door.

"Ben-" I quickly stop. He is sleeping. The sheet is pulled up to his waist, revealing his chest. My legs walk up to him while I am in the trace to taking in the sleeping Ben. He looks so peaceful. I bit my lip as I think of something crazy.