Chapter-3

Chapter-3

Layla Alberto's POV

"Was it necessary?" My fingers move round the black spot on his knuckles. His eyes are only on me. I am putting the ointment on him. He has bet Carl so bad that he has left the school and transferred to another school. I blow on it. Carl is bad, but Ben has hurt his knuckles and a gash on his shoulder. I heard they fought so bad that they got on the ground too.

"More than." I look up at his reply and his eyes are on my puckered lips that are blowing on his wound. I sense a presence to my left and turn to look. I see a figure holding a mobile up. I blink just to make sure. There is no one. Strange! Was there someone just a few minutes ago?

"What?" Ben asks looking at what I am looking at with confusion.

"I think I saw someone there?" I must have been my imagination. After all I am used to having my pictures taken. I turn my attention back to Ben. "Why did you have to tell Max though?" I can't believe he told my brother. Max is being overly protective now. Apparently Ben hit Carl bad, but Max gave out the knocking punch. Papa got to know about it. He wanted me to quit, but Mama calmed him down.

"Do you think he would be happy if I didn't tell him that someone tried to kiss his sister forcefully?"

"That's why I didn't tell him!"

"He is my friend. This... He has to know." He confirms and I sigh.

"It wouldn't have been a huge issue if you didn't tell him." I murmur.

"I am sorry, Little Star. But he has got to go."

"Of course! Now every guy at school is scared to talk to me!" Ben just smiles at my words. His smile was evil.

"As they should be." He murmurs. "So you ready for reading together tonight?" He asks and my mood lifts. So, the thing Ben did is, he switched our English Lit partners for assignment so now we both have to do the assignment, which means... We get to spend more time together! This is was the thing he said would make me happy three weeks ago when I told him about Carl . I am! I am! SO HAPPY!

"Yes, I am!"

As soon as we reach home, Papa is in the living room. I frown.

"Hi Papa!" I go to him and kiss his cheek. When I pull away, he smiles.

"How was school today?" He asks. I feel the tension in the room.

"It was good. I am doing well in cheerleading!" I grin. All my happiness is because I get to spend more time with Ben today.

"Great!" He looks over my head at Ben who is just looking anywhere but me. I hate it when he does that. When no one is looking, he behaves so sweet, but if there is anyone in the room other than us both, he doesn't even know me. "Ben, come to my office. We have to talk." Papa says as he kisses my forehead and walks out of the room.

What does he have to talk to Ben about?

Ben nods and walks behind Papa. He doesn't even look at me.

What is that about? What is Papa even going to talk about with Ben?

Later that night, I waited, called and messaged Ben. But he did not come. We were supposed to work on the assignment. That's not the first concern though.

What happened? What changed?

Benedict Henderson's POV

"You know that I do not like it when someone even touches her right?" Mr. Alberto, the Duke, asks. I feel the same Mr. Alberto! I feel the same! He is standing against his desk in his office. I am standing in front of him. Max is here too.

"I know." I agree. Everyone knows how protective he is! Some fucker has taken a picture of Layla holding my hand today in the locker room to put ointment on my knuckles and sent it to the Duke.

"Do you like her?" He asks out of nowhere. I stand there stunned.

Fuck! What do I say?

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

CLIFFHANGER!!!

The only thing that Ben fears is the Duke finding out! Just when he thought he could be closer to her!

Please VOTE and COMMENT.