________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Blake is wandering the town in Vale before stumbling into Penny.

Penny: "Oh, hi Blake!"

Blake: "Penny? Why are you here?"

Penny: "I'm here to assist with the cleaning efforts to prepare for the first stage of the Vytal Festival."

Blake finds it weird, but Penny continues.

Penny: "I actually enjoy this so much. I even decided to take this up as a part-time job, especially since my father wanted me to get out and socialize more. Though, I question if I'm interpreting what he meant."

Blake: "Oh... good for you."

Penny: "Regardless, I must ask. Are the others around here? I always have a good time when you guys are together."

Blake just shakes her head.

Blake: "No. I'm here by myself. Anyway, I have some things to take care of. So... bye."

As she left, Penny happily waves her off.

Penny: "Bye! Don't be a stranger!"

Once Blake is out of earshot, Penny realizes that no one knows where she lives. Blake arrives at a bookstore and when she goes inside, she's greeted by the bookstore owner, Tuckson.

Tuckson: "Blake?"

Blake: "Hey, Tuckson."

Tuckson: "I'm surprised to see you here. Did you... quit Beacon or something?"

Blake looks away, thinking for a bit.

Blake: "I... I don't know..."

Tuckson: "I see. Well, if you want, you can rest at the guest room."

Blake gives him a small smile.

Blake: "Thanks Tuckson."

As she goes up to the guest room, Tuckson calls out her name.

Tuckson: "Blake... did you met Y/N?"

Blake looks back at Tuckson for a bit before looking back.

Blake: "Yeah... I did. He's doing fine."

Tuckson: "Ah, that's good to hear."

________________________________________________________________________________

Back at the RWBY dorm, Yang has had enough of Weiss's BS and has decided to set out and search for Blake.  

Ruby: "I'm going too, but you should get a head start, Yang."

Yang nods before heading out.

Yang: "Alright."

Ruby and Y/N stay behind and looks back at Weiss, who isn't budging in reporting to Blake.

Ruby: "Please, Weiss. At least hear her side of the story."

Y/N: "Yeah, just because she's a Faunus from the White Fang, you can't assume she's automatically evil."

Weiss was taken aback by his remark.

Weiss: "Don't tell me... you knew, didn't you?"

Y/N stands firm, unwavering as he resumes. 

Y/N: "And what if I did? She left that group a long while ago."

Agitated, Weiss yells out. 

Weiss: "You complete dunce! You knew who she is and didn't tell any of us?"

Y/N: "Because she has a thing called 'privacy,' Ice Queen. Because she knew this would be the reaction you would make."

The two bicker back and forth over Blake used to being in the White Fang as Ruby plead for Weiss to not report this to Ozpin. Weiss, however, disregards them.

Weiss: "That's it! I'm taking this issue straight to Ozpin."

Y/N: "Hey! Get back here, Ice Queen!"

The last statement the heiress makes is before closing the door of their dorm room.

Weiss: "By the end of tomorrow, Team RWBY will be dismantled." 

As she slams the door, Ruby and Y/N are the only one left inside the dorm room. Y/N let out a groan over Weiss's attitude. Ruby looks back at Y/N, realizing that she's alone with him, feeling the awkwardness between them coming back.

Ruby: "Uhm, Y/N..."

Y/N: "Ugh, what is it, Ruby?"

Ruby: "Why didn't you tell us about Blake? I mean, I get Weiss considering she's... Weiss. But why not us?"

Y/N look back at Ruby before sighing.

Y/N: "She had her privacy. If she didn't want anyone to know about her being a Faunus, then she doesn't have to. I guess she's scared of how you'll react when you did find out." 

Ruby: "I... see."

Soon enough, the awkwardness between them continues as Y/N doesn't know what to say next before thinking what he can do, confront Weiss before she reports this to Ozpin.

Y/N: "I'm going to stop, Weiss. You should head out with Yang, okay?"

Ruby: "Y-Yeah. I'm... counting on you."

Y/N: "Thanks."

Y/N quickly leave the dorm room as Ruby wave goodbye to him. Only for the team leader to curse herself for letting that awkwardness get the better of her. 

Ruby: "Darn it..."