Chapter 15 - You're not doing enough

Start from the beginning

Ominis POV

I guided  y/n towards the herbology gardens, her affinity for this serene space, where tranquility and calmness was the perfect place to take her. After being confined to the hospital for an extended period, a breath of fresh air would undoubtedly do her good.

"Ominis, please, what's happening?" she pleaded, taking a seat on a nearby bench. I settled down beside her, gathering my thoughts with a shaky breath before speaking.

"It's happening again, y/n," I began, and she met my words with a perplexed gaze.

"I'm not sure I follow," she replied innocently.

"He's become obsessed with finding a cure for Anne. Our plan to deliver Harlow didn't materialise, and now..."

"He's taken it upon himself once more," y/n interrupted, her expression filled with sorrow and disappointment.

"Exactly," I replied simply, understanding her perspective.

"That explains why he hasn't come to visit me, then," she responded softly, her voice filled with a tinge of sadness.

"He hasn't been attending classes either. No one has seen him long enough to even talk to him... I tried my best, y/n, but you know how he can be," I sighed, feeling the weight of the situation.

"It's alright, Ominis. I understand," she comforted me, offering a brief smile. "Where is he?" she asked, her determination clear in her eyes.

"Y/n, I don't think it's a good idea for you to see him right now. You've just been released from the hospital," I suggested, concern lacing my voice.

"It's me, Ominis. If anyone can reach out to him, it's me. I really need to see him," she pleaded, her eyes wide with determination.

"Fine. He's in the undercroft, but y/n, I want to give you a warning," I said, feeling defeated. There was no way she would back down or listen to any of my advice.

"Thank you, Ominis," she replied, jumping up from her seat. She gently placed her hand on my shoulder and planted a kiss on my cheek before hastily making her way to find Sebastian. I let out a deep breath, gathering myself before rising to my feet. 

I needed to meet Samantha and Theo, informing them to delay y/n's welcome back surprise, and somehow make my way to the undercroft before things unfolded any further...

***

Y/N POV

With a flick of my wand, the ancient undercroft door began to creak open, its rusty cogs grinding into motion. Descending the stairs, I found Sebastian standing in front of the towering wall of parchment, his hands defiantly on his hips. As I approached him, my heart raced in my chest, the tension mounting. I had no idea what words would escape my lips, or what he was going to be like but I was extremely happy to see him. 

"There you are," I said softly, my hands clasped together in front of me. Sebastian slowly turned around, his eyes widening at the sight of me.

"You're... out of the hospital?" he asked, confusion seeping into his tone as weariness consumed his features.

"Well, hello to you too," I responded sarcastically, taking a step towards him. I reached out, intending to give him a comforting hug, but he hesitantly wrapped his arms around me before quickly pulling away again.

"I'm sorry, I just... I've almost found a way to cure Anne. I need to get back to work," he said, redirecting his attention back to the wall.

"Sebastian, you need to stop. You can't let yourself fall into this trap again," I expressed, my voice filled with concern as I placed my hand on his shoulder. Suddenly, I felt him tense up, his emotions shifting to anger and frustration as he forcefully pushed my hand away.