Chapter 3 - The first of many

I waited impatiently outside of the castle exit, Sebastian and Ominis were late as usual, those two couldn't be on time even if their lives depended on it. Pacing back and forth, I thought long and hard about the letter I received, I so desperately wanted to know who it was from and what it was they wanted.

I see the boys walk towards me "there you are! What bloody time do you call this?" I shout, letting out a laugh as I move towards them. 

"Blame Ominis! I couldn't pull him away from Samantha Dale" Sebastian laughs. 

"Oh is that so?" I ask curiously, my attention turns to Ominis as we walk down the pathway to Hogsmeade. 

"Shut up the both of you, I was simply asking her about some homework that Professor Ronan had set us" Ominis snaps, his face blushing in an instant. 

"Didn't sound like homework to me" Sebastian adds. 

"Doesn't look it either" I say pointing out Ominis' bright red face. 

"Right if you two don't stop then I'm going back to the castle!" Ominis says in distress. 

"Alright, alright keep your head on, we'll stop" Sebastian says, rubbing his hands on Ominis' head, his arm wrapped round his neck. 

 I take a deep breath as we stroll, taking in my surroundings. The sun set looked like a beautiful oil painting with deep orange and pink hues beaming across the horizon, the warm evening breeze was welcome as it brushed through my hair, the flowers were still in full bloom, my closest friends laughing beside me, it was perfect. For a small moment I forgot about every worry in my life, that blasted letter, the events of last year, nothing else mattered right here, right now.

We head towards the Three Broomsticks when I suddenly feel a force wrap around me and drag me down a small dark alleyway, away from the crowds. I look up to see a dark figure holding up their wand, they stood tall, dressed from head to toe in dark robes and their wand held up in front of them. 

"Let me go!" I scream as I struggle trying to break free from the force, the figure releases the spell and I fall to the floor. I quickly bring myself to my feet as I watch the them pull their hood back so I could see their face. 

"Who are you?" I ask. A man not much older than myself is stood in front of me, his hair curly and almost jet black, a crooked smile and deep brown eyes. His jawline sharp, a few scars peak out of his shirt around his neck.

Before the man can answer I hear Ominis in the distance "Y/N what's going on?" he shouts. 

"You better tell your little friends that everything is fine otherwise there will be trouble" the figure responds, his wand now pointed at me. 

"It's nothing Ominis, I'll meet you inside in a moment" I say back, my eyes not leaving the man before me, my wand now raised, ready to protect myself. 

"Good girl" the man responds, slowly dropping his armed hand.

"What do you want?" I ask bluntly. 

"You know what I want, Archer" he replies.

"How do you know my name?" I question as I walk towards him, my wand now pressed against his neck. I stand no more than a few inches away from him, our breath patterns matching as they increase in pace, I flash my teeth at him angrily waiting for a response. 

"Confringo!" I hear bellowing down the dark alley, the man in front of me now on the floor after taking a hit, in an instant he disapparate's away. The boys now running down the pathway to meet me.

"Sallow what the fuck are you doing?!" I shout, turning my attention to him, pushing him with both of my hands in a rage of fury. 

"You looked in trouble" Sebastian responds.