seventeen | designated drinkers

Start from the beginning

I raise my eyebrows in question which earns me a scold from Cece. After all, she did spend 10 whole minutes trying to fix every tiny brow hair into place. My forehead has never felt so dang stiff.

"You really think I didn't plan ahead?" Ciara sighs almost in disappointment. "I got Carter to call them. Let them know that we have a big party of important people coming and that they should let us in, no questions asked."

Cece squeals in delight. "See this is why you're my new best friend! A woman with a plan is my favourite kind of woman."

"As flattering as that is, I still want to see you two on your best behaviour. The club can't be seen to let in underaged girls who go wild and end up snapping their necks." She warns us, her finger travelling from pointing at my face to pointing at Cece's.

"Scouts honour." Cecilia tells her, crossing her finger over her heart and making the girl scout sign.

I set down my mascara and hold my pinky up. "I pinky swear, you'll hardly notice we're there!"

"I might not notice you're there but someone else sure as heck will." Ciara teases as she straps on her ridiculously high heels.

Aria perks up from her spot on my bed with a gleeful smile on her smug face. "Are you talking about that Ryker Maddox Nova went on a date with a few weeks ago? Because he is super cute."

"Ryker? God, no." I pull a face, my stomach churning at the thought. "I only went out with him to make Logan pay for having sex with his date so loud our neighbours on the ground floor complained."

And considering we're in the penthouse, that's a pretty big achievement.

"Make him pay? Why? I mean, I know you two have a little 'will they, won't they' situation going on but I never pegged you for the jealous type, Novie." Ari giggles, crossing her legs on my bed and eagerly waiting my response.

This kid is always looking to get a rise out of me.

"I am not jealous." I scoff and adjust the side of my black mesh cami top so less side-boob is poking out.

Cece finishes slicking her hair back into a bubble braid and elaborates for me. "That devious man Nova lives with, no offence to your friend, Ciara-"

"Non taken. He's a devious little shit." She agrees.

"Well, he practically forced us to sit in the next room and listen to his sex show! It was like live porn, Ari. Some very disturbing shit. So Nova got her own back."

"And how exactly did you do that?" Aria asks curiously, clearly invested in this gossip like I'm sure she is in the school cafeteria.

"Let's just say Logan wasn't impressed when Ryker was hitting on me at this bar we all went to."

"Not impressed?" Ciara chuckles. "I've never seen him so rattled before! At one point, I swear, I thought he was going to pop a blood vessel."

"Exactly! So Nova went on a date with him as payback. And from the sounds of things, he didn't like that very much either."

I look down at my makeup-covered desk and shrug. "I mean, I guess so? It's hard to tell with him. He's always so stoic. The only real emotion he showed was annoyance when I tried to leave without a jacket. It was very Dad-like behaviour."