019

─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑    𝟏𝟗 ───────

[25 | 02 | 23 , 7:36am]

Whilst everyone was at school Jake was at home, playing his video games. He found it rather boring, since he had no one to actually play with, but nonetheless he thought it was better than dragging himself to math class for a whole hour.

To make matters worse, his parents refused to talk to him either. They weren't mad... just disappointed. Which isn't any better if you think about it hard enough.

Jake sighed, throwing his controller to the side when he lost the game. He leaned back onto his chair, looking up at the ceiling.

He wondered what his friends would be doing now. Riki and Heeseung were playing basketball, Jongseon was probably screwing some girl behind the bleachers, Sunoo was in the theater practicing for his play, Jungwon was training like always and the girls would be hanging out by the front stairs having their daily round of gossip.

Ping.

The shrill notification made him sit up and grab his phone. He thought it was one of his friends, but frowned when he saw the number. It was unknown.

heard jiwoong's in urgent care, some doctors are even having second thoughts about his survival rate. apparently u caused some major brain damage jakey ☹

aww, well if he doesnt survive i guess ill be seeing u in jail sometime soon ahaha ;)

"What the.." Jake's voice trailed off in further confusion.

[11:02am]

"So, how was Cyprus Jongseong?" Hari asked the boy sitting in front of her.

The whole group was hanging out together at break, which earned them weird glances from people. Mostly because they looked really intimidating when they were all together. And anytime they are all together, crazy shit goes down.

Bad type of crazy shit.

"Yeah, meet any hot chicks?" Heeseung slyly asked, taking a bite out of his spam sandwich.

"Unfortunately not, it was really shitty to be honest," Jongseong explained. "I barely felt like going out after the whole funeral thing."

"Didn't we all?" Yeram sighed, looking around at everyone.

"I-I just don't get it, who would do such a thing? It's so... ew," Hari scowled.

If someone like Hari, infamous for being almost heartless, said it's bad, then you know it's bad.

"For real," Ahyeun nodded in agreement.

"As if they didn't do enough already," Aera mumbled.

"It's like straight out of a movie what's happening," Sunoo explained. "Stuff like this isn't meant to happen in real life."

"Well, it is," Jungwon spat. "And I don't like it one bit. We have to catch this killer as soon as possible."

"Since when were you bothered about this stuff?" Riki raised his eyebrow.

"Since always."

"Sure had a funny way of showing it," Riki scoffed, picking at his food with his fork.

"That doesn't matter now Riki," Yeram scolded him. "The most important thing is that he wants to find this killer just like all of us."

"All of us?" Heeseung mumbled.

"Well, most of us. Except Heeseung, Sunoo and I don't know about Jongseon."

"No, I am in it," Jongseong reassured, even though he wasn't really.

"Really? You've barely been of help."

"It's the thought that counts dear Yeram."

"Hmm," Yeram rolled her eyes.

"Actually, I would like to help, Yeram. There's no pain in trying," Sunoo spoke up, not finding the idea harmful.

"That just leaves you Heeseung."

All eyes turned to him.

"Erm." He blinked, putting down his sandwich.

"Well?" Yeram crossed her arms.

Heeseung didn't have much of a choice here, and so he begrudgingly agreed. "Fine. I'll help."

Yeram smirked, "Great, now that we've sorted that out..."

She was interrupted by 10 consecutive message notifications, one chime after another. Everyone's eyes widened, and their eyes went around to each other on the round table.

Heeseung gulped, picking up his phone first, everyone else following after him.

look whos back in town ;)

5 words sent chills down everyone's spine.

"It can't be..." Sunghoon, who remained quiet this whole time, murmured.

"Haha.. no it isn't. There's no fucking way," Yeram awkwardly chuckled, but she couldn't shake the doubts from her brain.

"Let's not jump to conclusions," Jungwon ordered. "Look, I'll open the image."

No one dared click it themselves and patiently waited for Jungwon's reaction.

And it wasn't a good one....

His widened eyes sparkled from the illuminating light of his phone screen, his lips parting and then closing again. He slowly looked up, face so pale as if he'd seen a ghost in front of him.

"Is it her? It definitely is, right?!" Hari panicked.

"Jungwon?" Heeseung prompted for the younger to say something. "Is it.. her?"

Jungwon gulped, hard. It was nearly impossible to miss the sheer fear in his eyes.

"It is her. She's back."

[12:45pm]

The girl who was once in Heeseung's number one spot was now back at school, after disappearing on hiatus for just over a year.

Everyone knows why she left, that was simple. She became mentally unstable last year. Especially after she was kicked out of the Diamond Divison- due to some unspecified reasons. Students always heard her talking under her breath about some sort of revenge- a crazy, mind blowing revenge.

She was insane... no.... ballistic in everyone's eyes the last couple of days she was at school.

Kang Yesol stood in front of the school gates, the wind blowing through the loose waves of her hair. As the Pendulin 12, now 11 without Jake, walked through the double door and onto the entrance with the school's principal, the wind howled louder- the flurrying gush of air becoming colder by the second.

Yesol scanned every one of them, making sure not miss a single eye contact

As she took a couple of steps forward and into the grounds of Pendulin academy, the dark clouds that loomed above them all let out a loud roar of thunder.

Yesol smiled, oddly wide. "Annyeonghaseyo."

The group all bowed back in unison, "Annyeonghaseyo Yesol-ahh."

Mrs. Jang looked down at Yesol, lips pursing together. "Kang Yesol.... welcome back."

———

bit of a short chapter, but ill try and make up for it in the next one :)

also whats their back story with Yesol do u think🤔