Chapter Nineteen- Deliveries and Pedestrian Lanes

Comenzar desde el principio

"So Miss SB, care to tell me what just happened?" Kyla muttered as we head out the room with half of the class behind us celebrating the early dismissal.

"Michael happened." I answered, very irritated. It was the only explanation I got. She started chuckling earning her an arched eyebrow from me. "What's so funny?"

"A guy does a sweet gesture for you and you're nose is flaring."

More like annoyingly sweet. "Oh I'm sorry. Am I supposed to melt to the ground because some guy decided to spend his money to buy everyone an overpriced drink?"

How can expensive drink and sandwich remind him of me? Do I look like a black sandwich or a whip cream?

Without any further thought, I took out my phone and typed a short text.

Can we talk later?

He was quick to reply. Too quick actually.

Of course. I'll be in my office waiting for you.

Okay. His text made my stomach flutter. I knew he didn't mean it that way but I found it sweet.

He's waiting for me.

Gosh, what am I a teenager?

I have a 20-minute bus ride to prepare what I wanted to talk about. I'm really bad at this stuff but I'm done being confused. It's frustrating to be filled with all these questions. Expressing my feelings wasn't my expertise but I'm going to try for the sake of my sanity.

I mean seriously? I needed a clear understanding of what the hell is going on with me. Michael obviously got under my skin. I couldn't just pretend he didn't. I wanted to know why?

Why my heart melts when he says something sweet, why my chest pounds when I see him and why my stomach flutters when he's close to me? The way he calls me Angel makes my knees wobbly.

Then there's the fact that he was attractive, smart and thoughtful. He told me he cared for me. That meant a lot to me. Nobody else cares for me aside from Kyla. How can someone like him give a damn about someone like me?

I jumped off the bus across the mall. I made my way to the pedestrian lane waiting for the sign. I'd usually take the overpass meters from the bus stop but I was running late since I took a detour to the library.

Soon, the green outline of a person lit up and I walked along with a few pedestrians. A loud horn startled everyone including me.

Something hit the middle part of my body hard enough to throw me a good distance. As soon as my head hit the ground, I felt a sting on my forehead immediately.

Shit. Did I just-?

It all happened so fast. Next thing I knew, someone was screaming about calling an ambulance. I tried to fully open my eyes but my eyelids felt heavy.

I just did.

"Holy shit." I felt an arm under my head. "Oh god. I'm so sorry, Miss. Can you hear me?" he mumbled in a panicked voice. I wanted to respond but my mouth felt dry. I heard him curse some more and yelling for help before everything turned black.

*****

"Shit, bes. What is it with you and car accidents? God, I'm gonna die of worry. I'd be there in a minute."

"Ky, I'm fine." I assured my best friend on the phone.

The nurse was kind enough to lend me her phone since mine crashed inside my pocket. I felt very sad seeing the iPhone with cracks on the screen. Most especially since I only borrowed it. I'm not sure if it was still working though.

"You don't have to come here. Just please call my supervisor for me. And my bosses at Harlow." I was asking her to inform my bosses of my little car accident.

Okay maybe not that little but I wasn't hurt that bad. I have scratches on my forehead and arm. My hip was swollen and a bruise was taking shape but I feel fine. I'm just grateful to be still alive. It was kind of stupid to think I got hit on the pedestrian lane.

I was sitting on the hospital bed on a ward with the nurse checking on my temperature. I just woke up five minutes ago. The nurse said the guy who hit me was with the doctor for the results of the necessary tests they did on me. X-ray and the like.

"Seriously? You got hit by a car and you're thinking about work." Kyla whined on the other line.

"Please, Ky. I'll be home soon once they clear me."

"Okay. Okay. Are you sure you don't need me there?"

"I'm sure." I answered. The curtain opened and two men entered the room. "Hey, I have to go. I'll see you later. Bye."

I returned the nurse's phone and thanked her for her kindness. The doctor and the other man with a relieved expression on his face who I assumed hit me neared me.

The doctor introduced himself. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

I told him I was a little dizzy and he explained it was because of the painkillers running through my system. Aside from the ache I feel on my hip when I move, I was fine. The doctor prescribed some cream for my bruise and scratches after telling me I had no broken bone and major injuries.

Yay.

I was glad to hear that I didn't have to be confined in the hospital overnight. I could be discharged in an hour after the bill has been settled.

"I'm really really sorry." the man apologized before trying to explain why he wasn't able to stop before the pedestrian.

He was tall and lean built probably a few years older than me. To be honest, he was good-looking and didn't seem to be the reckless driver type but if I had the strength, I'd probably yell at him. All I wanted was to go home. "I'd totally understand if you'd like to file a police complaint. I'd take you to the station myself."

"Well, I'm alive so you're off the hook. But you're still paying for this." I gestured to the small space where we were.

"Of course. I will take care of everything. I'm really sorry."

"You're forgiven."

See? I could be forgiving when drugged.

"Thank you. I'm Sean Rivera, by the way."

"Madi Daniel." We shook hands and I cringed after feeling a sting on hip when I raised my hand.

Sean left me alone to take care of the bill and buy the prescription. It was almost five in the afternoon but it was still bright outside. Maybe I could still work at the club. I tried to stand straight. Okay. Working was a stupid idea.

I brought out a compact mirror from my bag and checked myself. I was pale, my eyes were droopy and my lips were cracked. In short, I looked terrible. Like I got hit by a bus instead of a car.

Suddenly, the curtains opened making me drop the mirror. I bent down trying to catch it but pain caught me first. "Shit." I cursed at the ache.

"Oh my god. Who did this to you?"

Hooray! I updated. I'm so sorry it took so long. I was going through a huge change in my life right now. I've been using wattpad on my phone and I update using my laptop. Again. I'm sorry for the long update. Thank you for being patient. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Oh and if it isn't too much to ask, please pray for me. I really need it right now. Thank you guys! :D