A new beginning

Edited on 16/1/2024

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day we had to say goodbye to all that we gained while being here in Australia. I think the thing, or people really, I am going to miss the most are my best friends Kayla, Zack, and Danny.

They were my first friends here in Australia and the only ones that stayed. Even though I'll still be able to talk to them it'll be hard. They'll probably move on and find new friends, and only occasionally text or call me just to make sure I'm still alive. All while I suffer all alone, with no one. Plus the times are different in Japan, even if it is only two hours it still makes it harder.

'No, (Y/N). That's not true. They said they will call you as often as possible and I'm sure I'll find good friends to hang out with,' I mentally scolded myself for thinking so negatively again.

All of my things were packed either in boxes and put in moving trucks already going to Japan or the bag I'll have with me on the private airplane. The only thing left to do is spend the rest of my time with my friends and then say goodbye. As much as I'm dreading having to do it at least I'll have spent the last of my time here with them.

 As much as I'm dreading having to do it at least I'll have spent the last of my time here with them

(Top - Kayla, Middle - Zack, Bottom - Danny (Danielle)

Whenever I look at my phone I'll still be able to see their faces. I know I'll never be able to replace them but I hope in Japan I'm able to find a good group of friends as good as them.

(Time skip to arrival in Japan)

When we arrived I was asleep so Ishoki, who was sitting next to me, woke me up. He knows I don't like to be woken up so he did it in the gentlest way. He learned close to me, whispering in my ear for me to wake up and that we've arrived, gently shaking my shoulders.

I slowly opened my eyes, trying to adjust to the light, yawning slightly. I look over and see Ishoki smiling at me and I got confused. "What are you smiling at nii-san?" I asked.

"Just looking at how cute you are. You know I don't get to see you often so I'm just-" he answered honestly, getting cut off.

Aiko, our dad, cut in, "We're here boys, get up so we can go in and get situated in the new house."

We both roll our eyes, as neither of us liked him, but do as he says. He is the reason we had to move in the first place. When we moved to Australia it was because Mom wanted to be closer to family and Ishoki and I were getting bullied for being 'loners' and 'nerds'. Now we're back for dads stupid job. Being separated from our only friends and all we had there.

When we stepped out of the plane, we saw the house. It's a huge, modern-ish mansion.

 It's a huge, modern-ish mansion

"Wow, the plants are gorgeous. Although the place needs more color," I observed out loud, earning a chuckle from Ishoki. I turn my head and stare at him with a confused look. All I get in return is a smile. With that we start heading inside.

"Children why don't you go look around and pick out a room," Mother says, clearly wanting to have a moment with Father.

Sakura says that she doesn't want to leave father's side but in the end complies when dad almost yells at her. Ishoki and I just nod and head upstairs to explore. Once we're out of their hearing range Ishoki speaks up, " What do you think mother wanted to 'discus' with Father?"

"With them I have no clue what it could be," I say bluntly.

"That's true. Adults are hard to figure out," Ishoki adds. I nod my head in agreement and we continue our journey in silence. It's a comfortable silence. Both of us occasionally pointing out random rooms like the library or the indoor pool. We've passed a few bedrooms but neither of us wanted them.

After a little while we came up on two bedrooms right next to each other. We both go into the separate rooms and as I look around the room i'm in I realize it's a pretty big room. It has two windows each on different walls. The first one is facing what I assume to be the back, it has a basketball court and a swimming pool. The second window is facing a flower garden. The room also has a walk in closet and a bathroom. In the closet there are a couple cabinets, but at the back of one of the panels there is a secret door. I want to explore it but a maid comes in the room.

"Sorry for the intrusion, young master, but is this the room you are going to pick? If so I have your boxes," She inquired.

I answered, being flustered at the name, "T-theres no need to be so formal. You can call me by my name. And yes this is going to be the room I pick."

"Alright yo-(Y/N). I will have your boxes delivered and unpacked for you," She said bowing and leaving to go work.

Soon after she leaves I hear someone else come in. Before I can see who it is I hear Ishoki speak, "This the room you pick? Because if so we're next door neighbors."

"Yea" I replied.

"Kids, come downstairs," Father yelled up.

We give each other "what does he want now," looks and started towards our parents. When we got there, there were three others with them. They all looked similar. The female looked older than the other two, so maybe their mother. She has short, messy orange hair with army green eyes. She also has a necklace on. The boys looked around my age and very familiar. They also have orange hair and navy green eyes. I think they're twins because they have the same hairstyle parted opposite ways and they look almost the exact same.

When Sakura came down. They started introducing themselves. "My name is Yuzuha Hitachiin. These two are my sons. Hikaru and Kaoru, identical twins. Pleasure to meet you," The lady now known as Yuzuha says.

Ishoki starts "it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Ishoki (L/N). Oldest of the three of us."

I assume we're going in order of age so I go next. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N). I'm the middle child. Nice to meet you."

As if on cue Sakura starts. "My name is Sakura (L/N) and I'm the youngest. Nice to meet you."

"They are here because our companies are going to be working together. To make things easier all three of you are going to be attending Ouran academy with the Hitachiin boys," My father explains.

"Why don't you boys head upstairs and get to know each other while we talk," Mother suggests.

"Sure, but we don't really know where to go," The twins say going back and forth.

"That's fine, follow us," Ishoki and I say I'm unison as we start towards the stairs, making sure the twins are following.

As we walk it's silent. Unlike the first time we walked theses halls, it's an uncomfortable silence. The two added people being unknown left me nervous and Ishoki overprotective. Ishoki is the first one to break the silence. "We just arrived today so both of our rooms are pretty empty. So I apologize in advance," He informed them. "Both rooms are pretty similar, but do you guys have a preference on which room we go to?"

"Which ever one is closer or the younger ones," They say taking turns speaking again, quickly glancing at me.

I nod my head slightly, taking their comment to mind. Stopping Infront of my bedroom door after another minute of walking.

"H-here we are. This is my room. I apologize, we don't have place for you to sit other than the ground." I mumble, just barely audible.

The twins head in first, making themselves comfortable on the floor as I don't have any seating yet. They both look bored but as soon as I walk in they acquire mischievous grins. Ishoki manages a glare to which they ignore.

_______________________________________________________

A/n - this is still a work in progress and probably isn't very good but here you go. This is inspired by other people's works so all rights go to them if I use their ideas. This took a few days to make and I could add so much more but I'm not very motivated. I also don't know who to make the love interest.

Word count - 1,344