was it? [14]

.・゜゜・ age ~ 15-16 (1999)  ・゜゜・

•·.·''·.·• your lips my lips
apocalypse •·.·''·.·

.*:

18TH MARCH, 1999 ~ RICHIE'S POV (KINDA)

"i love you richie, you're my best friend, and i would do anything for eddie to love you back. but i can promise you now, he is definitely interested in boys. you should see the way he looks at you." richie shook his head.

he heard richie say one more thing.

"but i don't want to love him if he won't love me back."

.*:

richie knew what he said. he said it for only one reason. he'd seen the figure lurking in the dark behind him and bev. he didn't want to startle bev though. he knew that figure, the ruffled hair, the short, thin, figure of a boy. 

he knew eddie was listening. and he didn't give a fuck. eddie could know that richie was falling in love with him, but if he were to know that, he should know that he would, at all costs, try to stop himself from falling if he was the only one falling. 

.*:

a month had passed since richie had come out to bev. everything was alright. the tour was going good, they'd performed in many different areas. he was getting along beautifully with the people he'd met just over a month ago, and most importantly he was in a happy relationship. 

"hey guys!" richie smiled as he slung an arm around his partner, pulling them closer to him. his partner giggled and attempted to push him away. eventually they gave up. 

"hey babe" betty smiled while standing on her tippy toes to give richie a kiss. they'd gone a few more dates after their first one, and on the last, richie'd asked her to be his girlfriend. it'd only been a few weeks, maybe two? but they're still going strong. of course, richie didn't know her word yet, one because she was only 15 and hadn't turned 16 yet, two because they didn't want to tell each other until they confessed their love. richie's arm dropped from her shoulder to her waist. the losers cringed at the kiss, all except eddie who just looked away. 

"ew- save the kissing for your private time!" stan said while bill was snickering next to him. richie watched as eddie's expression turned sour. eddie had been extremely distant from richie recently and it killed him. and every time he would look or move away from richie it made richie's heart hurt. this was one of those times. 

"a-anyways, i cuh-can't wait for the cuh-c-concert tonight!" bill smiled nudging stan in the ribs, but not too hard that it hurt. stan smiled, a slight blush creeping onto both boys' cheeks. 

"i know right! i can't wait to watch you guys sing!" betty smiled, gesturing to stan, bev and carol. bev and carol smiled, but stan's smile faltered a little bit. did he not like betty? or did he think i did something wrong?