Part 4

The next day, Manik went to college early. On his way, he bought breakfast for Nandini and texted her to come early. Nandini woke up to see Manik's texts and a smile crept on her face. Taking a quick bath she moved to her wardrobe picking up different clothes, she tried them on one by one. After fighting with herself for around half an hour, she huffed throwing the clothes. In the end, she dressed up the same as before. Picking up her phone, headphones and backpack she walked out locking the apartment. Nandini then walked to the University.

At University,

Manik parked his bike, hanging the bag on one side he held the packed meal in his other hand and went inside. Sitting on the bench near the entrance he got busy with his phone. After some time, Soha entered the university and saw Manik seated on the bench, smiling to herself she tucked the hair strand behind her ear as she walked to Manik. He was busy on the phone but sensed someone approaching him yet he didn't bother to look up. Soha stood in front of him quietly waiting for him to look up but after minutes of silence, she finally spoke, "Manik...?"  Manik ignored her so she called out his name once again and that's when Kabir entered the University. He stood at a distance silently with a mischievous smile enjoying the whole scene. Soha once again called out but instead of responding Manik just picked up the carry bag and was about to walk away when Soha held his hand. That was like pulling his last string as he jerked away her hand harshly making her stumble. He looked at her with red eyes as his anger rose. He took a deep breath and said, "Don't think... I don't know what happened a few days ago near the lockers. Soha Verma, you better stay within your limits if you want to live peacefully."  Soha was shocked at how he got to know about it and Kabir smirked proudly. "M... Manik, there must be some misunderstanding. I was...."  Soha was cut off by Manik walking away. She turned around to see Nandini standing at the entrance gate looking in their direction with cold eyes. Manik stood in front of her but she was still staring at Soha coldly while Soha was frustrated. She stomped her foot and left.

"Till when will I stay as a third wheel? I should also find someone for me." Kabir said sighing and went inside.

Manik held Nandini's shoulder and she flinched lightly. She looked at him and he smiled. Nandini blinked, biting her lips and looking down. Manik dragged her to the garden area. No words shared yet,  they sat there and Manik made Nandini eat her breakfast. Nandini was silently munching while Manik was staring at her fondly, smiling. Facing him she said, "Why don't you take a bite?"  Manik's face lit up and he immediately opened his mouth cutely. Nandini chuckled, picking up the box she turned to the other side. Manik fake sulked, she turned to him and said, "You can stop with your act. I already saw another boxed meal. So, eat that."  Manik laughed nervously scratching his nape. Nandini smiled to herself and turned around suddenly offering Manik a bite. He was flustered at first but eventually ate it with a smile. They both enjoyed their food while Soha fumed in anger and jealousy, watching them both from a distance. Later in the day, the classes went on. Manik followed Nandini everywhere just like before while Nandini had that same cold expression. 

The days went on smoothly with Manik taking care of Nandini and making her smile quite often. The whole university was shocked to see THE bad boy behaving so differently with one girl who had always been a bullying victim ever since she entered the university. Manik always acts bubbly and cute towards her but is rude and cold to others. Nandini often smiles and laughs when she is with him but is the same for the rest, "cold". During this time, Kabir also got to know Nandini and the three stay together at university but most of the time Kabir leaves the two alone. Every time, when Manik is not around Kabir takes care of her like his one dear little sister and never lets anyone misbehave with her or bully her. One time Soha tried to bully her when Manik was busy with basketball practice, Kabir went live on the university intranet and all his socials, making Soha back off even before starting something.