♡ prologue ♡

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

"It won't be that bad Ari, you and your Mom will love living in Seoul!"

"Yeah until she gets bored of her new husband, we move back home, and I have to hear her wine about another marriage not working out and the cycle continues." 

Vivian doesn't say anything on the other line, so I continue packing my bags wondering if this time I actually killed my best friend with my overthinking, which isn't overthinking in my book. its simply the truth. 

"Well look on the bright side, at least he's rich!" Vivian says optimistically, I chuckle and throw myself on my bed.

I sigh, "I wish I could take you to Korea with me, I'm still not fluent yet and I'm really starting to wish I payed attention to you all those times you tried to teach me." 

"Well guess what, you didn't. But listen Ari, I know you aren't excited to be moving to Korea. But I don't know, I saw your Moms face the night of the wedding, she was happy!" 

I sat up, "So, what are you saying?" 

Vivian sighs, "I'm saying, maybe this is a new beginning. New addition to the family, I know what you're thinking, new addition again! But maybe this one will actually last." 

"Ariana are you almost finished?! We're just waiting on you down here!" My Mom yells from downstairs, I quickly stand up realizing I'm not even close to packing my carry on bag. 

"Yeah yeah yeah got it, new addition to the family, awesome. I have to go but as soon as I land in Korea I'll call you! Bye Viv!" 

"Wait Ari-" I hang up the phone and quickly stuff everything into my carry on bag as I attempt to put my shoes on. Once everything is ready, I grab my phone and head downstairs to get in the car. 

My brother Alex is leaning against the car door on his phone, but as soon as I hit the floor realizing my shoes were untied, all his attention is on me. 

He scoffs, "Get up idiot, we're going to miss our flight." He says helping me up. I brush off my clothes and follow him into the car buckling myself up. 

Mom turns to look over at me, "You ready?" She says with those sweet eyes of hers, I smile and nod. 

Sangheon, or as he likes us to call him, Eric turns around to look at me too, my smile fades. 

"Don't worry, you will love Seoul! It's a beautiful place." He says, I nod slowly. 

They both turn around and he starts the car. I grab my headphones from my bag and put them on, my ears immediately filled with "Why are Sundays so Depressing" By The Strokes. I smile, because this is my favorite song, and lay my head back and close my eyes. 

I'm on my way to Seoul. 

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖