picked bones

Zoey was pissed off

Zoey was pissed off. Well, that was an understatement. She was furious and it took more self-control than ever to conceal her rage as she waltzed into Tommy's "professional" headquarters.

"Good morning Lizzie," She greeted Tommy's secretary through her teeth, attempting to not take her firey emotions out on the woman who used to sleep with her current romantic interest.

"Good morning Miss Richarson, what can I do for you?" Lizzie smiled up at the young woman from her typewriter.

"I need to speak to Mr. Shelby," Zoey informed her, with one of the falsest smiles she'd ever pulled, diving into her purse for a much-needed cigarette.

"Have you got an appointment?" Lizzie asked absentmindedly, shuffling through her papers.

"No, but I need to speak with him regardless-" Zoey demanded lighting up her smoke, "It's extremely important. For both of us."

"Well, I suppose he'll make an exception for you," Lizzie replied getting up from her desk to escort her over.

"He fucking better." Zoey had mumbled under her breath, not thinking anyone could hear, but Lizzie had and she laughed.

taking it upon herself Lizzie entered first explaining to her boss the situation but mid-way through Zoey had grown bored and just let herself in. "I've got a bone to pick with you."

"Good morning to you too Zoey," Tommy had responded with sarcasm which clearly was not appreciated by the look on her face, and even Lizzie recognized it was time to leave, closing the door behind her as swiftly and quietly as she could.

"What the fuck does your brother think he's playing at?" Zoey spat out with a cloud of smoke, swaggering her way toward his desk.

"Which one? The one in your bed or the one in your club?" The comment wasn't appreciated, as much as Tommy was laughing inside yet his face remained stoic much like her own.

"The one that keeps scaring away all my customers by behaving like a bloody lunatic!" She'd tried to hide her anger but the volume in her voice had given it away, along with her screwed face.