The golden cage

Whisking down the halls like some ghostly banshee. Zoey often made a habit of her midnight strolls throughout Sabini's residence, it was, of course, unsurprising that she lacked the will to sleep, after all,  the many crimes committed against her often occurred in times of rest. 

So as a replacement, she opted to spend the witching hours wandering the gardens and corridors- admiring the materialistic beauty that surrounded her in this purgatory. She liked to remind herself ever so often, that despite it all she still had the luxuries of a lavish lifestyle- she had grown so accustomed to it that Zoey Richardson refused to give it up. That she would have it all, the life, the money, the grand accessories- just without the husband.

"I want those hits sent out now!" Zoey halted at the echoes of her husband yelling down the telephone, his office was situated at the end of the first floor of their home. "I know he has a sister close to us." Tony had lowered his voice slightly now, but Zoey's attention was captured as she tip-toed further down the corridor, tightening her silk robe while doing so. "Ada Shelby, but she goes by Thorne now." Zoey closed in, letting her eyes narrow into the creek of his door, observing the man from a safe distance. 

Tony Sabini looked much younger than he actually was. But Zoey had that put down to the black dye he regularly used in his hair and moon-like skin which rarely ever tanned. He was slouched in his leather desk chair that looked almost 3 sizes too big, with his feet kicked up and a cigar resting between his fingers. "She has a son, but leave him for now- I just want those gypos to understand who they're fucking with." 

At this, Zoey decided she had heard enough. That man made her sick, and she knew exactly what he'd have in store for the Shelby sister. Taking off back to her room, Zoey wasted no time picking up her phone and dialing the only man she deemed remotely trustworthy. 

"Frank?" 

"Zo? Do you know what fucking time it is?" She could hear the raspiness in his voice, indicating she'd woke him up which surprised her slightly as Frankie often worked nights for her brothers. 

"I do and I'm sorry but, I need a favor."  

"What is it?" 

"I need you to get to Ada Thorn, she's got a hit on her head and I need her alive."

"Why do you-"

"Frankie I need you to do this for me- no questions asked,"  Zoey emphasized the final words with a deep severity, which made the man understand completely. 

"Alright," He agreed after a pause. 

"I need you to tell no one, make sure no one recognizes you. And tell her it was me who sent you." She instructed him further through the telephone Frank had wedged between his shoulder and ear as he buttoned up his shirt. 

"Alright love, leave it to me." 

"Thank you, Frankie." And with that, the line went dead. 

"Who was that?" Zoey could have sworn she felt her blood run cold, flinching at his sudden presence. 

Turning around slowly, placing the pearly white telephone back into its holder- Zoey couldn't help but feel bile bubbling up to the back of her throat seeing him walking into her room. She suddenly felt the need to cover herself up more, watching as he eyed her bare legs in fear and disgust. 

"Just Frankie," was all she said, turning back to face her vanity, using the reflection to keep her eyes focused on his approaching figure. 

"And what did Frankie want at this time of night?" Tony's voice was alarmingly calm, as he came to stand behind his wife. Leaning over her shoulder, to stub out his cigar but letting his presence remain intimidatingly close to hers. 

"O nothing," She brushed him off, attempting to keep her poker face as she began applying some creams to her cheeks in the hopes it would distract her from the heavy pounding in her chest. "He was just drunk and dialed the wrong number." 

Humming at her reasonable response, Tony allowed his hands to fall on her shoulders causing the girl to falter in her actions once feeling his haunting touch. Glancing up briefly through her lashes, and recognized that look on his face instantly.  "Is that so?" 

One hand slipped off her shoulder and began exploring her neck, making Zoey gulp in dread as she watched this all unfold from her mirror. "Whatever your planning." Tony lowered himself, growling in her ear- tightening his hold around her neck, blocking off her airways. "Aint gonna work." He took his time, drawing out his words as he continued to squeeze her neck with all his strength. Zoey tried to stay calm, but her cheeks reddened with each second and her eyes looked as though they were going to pop out of her skull. "You ain't got what it takes, the only thing your good for is a fuck, and even then all you do is cry," 

Tony was almost snarling, staring so intensely at her, watching in joy as a single tear escaped down her cheek. "More of a pet than a wife." 

Dropping his hand, Tony simply shoved her forward into the desk watching as she gasped for air. "I'm going out to see Josie, don't wait up dear." Following the slam of her door.