Chapter Six: Broken Promises

"Oh my god, entities, you won't believe this-"

Jack had somehow teleported into room 49, where the entities had been hanging out late that night. Seek had gone to sleep, but Figure still seemed awake (judging by his strange purring noise they could hear from the Library) so he tried to be as quiet as possible when talking to them.

Ambush looked confused. "What is it Jack?" He asked. Jack grinned uncontrollably.

"Guess what?"

-

"WOAH. REALLY??" Screech asked excitedly, and Jack nodded. He had told all of them about what happened with Seek just a few moments ago, but the majority of the entities were in disbelief. "Halt. We aren't falling for that one, Jack, but nice attempt at fake news." Halt muttered. Screech frowned at this. "WHY WOULDN'T YA BELIEVE HIM, HALT?? HE'S CLEARLY TELLING THE TRUTH." He asked, confused. Halt shook his head disapprovingly. "Screech, you believe everything everyone tells you." He sighed.

"Dude, I SWEAR I'm telling the truth right now!! Why would I lie about this, huh? I know I like playing pranks on you guys, but this is SERIOUS tea." Jack protested. The entities, all apart from Screech, squinted at him. "You sure?" Rush asked. He was doubting Jack, even though he and Screech were the ones who set up the play in the first place.

Jack huffed angrily. "You'll see." He said, looking at the floor. "You'll see, when Figure and Seek kiss tomorrow at the play." He grinned.

Screech looked extremely giddy. "AWW, THEY'RE GONNA FALL IN LOOOOVE!!"

-

"Oh, I can't see again..." Figure sighed, disappointed. It was the next day, and he had woken up to a world of darkness, like usual. His sudden sight had disappeared. "Well, that was short lived. But I suppose I enjoyed it while it lasted." He said with a smile, trying to be as optimistic as possible.

He and the entities had agreed a few days back that tomorrow was the day for the play, and today was the last practice day. They had decided to meet in room 30, for whatever reason, in the morning.

"Hello, entities!" Figure called out as he entered the room. He had used his sharp navigational skills to find it quickly. The entities smiled at him. "HEY FIGURE! WELCOME TO PRACTICE! SEEK HASN'T GOTTEN HERE YET, BUT HE SHOULD BE HERE SOON. YOU KNOW, HE LIKES TO SLEEP IN AND STUFF." Screech shouted back energetically, handing Figure a script, assuming he could still see. Figure chuckled nervously. "Screech, my dear, I can't read this. I am blind, don't you remember?" He asked, smiling weakly. The entities paused for a few moments, before a few of them started to laugh quietly. "Oh yeah, forgot." Ambush giggled. "Looks like an overSIGHT on our end." Eyes exclaimed, causing Jack to start chuckling too. "Haha, yeah..." Figure mumbled, a little embarrassed and ashamed. He didn't like being blind, not one bit. Especially when people, well, laughed at him for it.

"Woah, what the heck's going on here? I just came for practice." Seek demanded, throwing open the door. The entities were silenced, but Screech kept smiling. "SORRY, ITS JUST-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Are you making fun of him?"

Screech's eyes widened, and he shook his head. "NO, NOT REALLY..." He stammered nervously. Seek shook his head. "Not good enough. Don't make fun of him for being the way he is. It's not like he has a choice. He's fine the way he is, anyways! He's..." He shouted, trailing off a little at the end. His face went slightly pink.

Rush inched closer to Jack.

"Damn, you were right." He whispered.

"I know." Jack smiled.