Chapter One: You Can't Catch Me!

(TRIGGER WARNINGS WILL BE ISSUED AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH CHAPTER THEY ARE NECESSARY FOR! This fic will contain ZERO NSFW content. Enjoy! - Fluff)

-

"No, no, NO!" Seek yelled in frustration as another player slipped out of his grasp. He put his hands on his hips and huffed, walking back to the start of the hallway. He heard the escaped player getting killed by Screech from the next room. "At least they died..." He grumpily thought to himself as he stomped through the Hotel.

"HEY, HEY SEEK!!!" An energetic voice echoed through the Hotel. Turning around, Seek saw Screech hot on his tail. "What is it?" Seek mumbled in response, turning back and continuing walking. "THAT WAS THE LAST PLAYER, AND I GOT EM!!! YOU GET THE REST OF THE DAY OFF NOW, SO DON'T BOTHER GOIN' BACK TO YOUR HALLWAY, HEHE!!" Screech, well, screeched. "Oh... that's good, I suppose." Seek murmured, his tone a little less angry. "WHERE ARE YA GONNA GO???" Screech asked excitedly, constantly running on 101% energy. Seek shrugged, facing Screech. "The Library, maybe. I could read a book to relax." He said. Screech tried raising an eyebrow, even though he didn't have any. "BUT DON'T YOU HATE FIGURE? WHY WOULD YA WANT TO GO TO THE LIBRARY??" He asked curiously.

"He doesn't have to know I'm there. He's blind, so I can easily go undetected, idiot."

-

"Good afternoon, Seek. How are you doing?"

"Crap."

Figure had detected Seek. Seek hated Figure, and never liked talking to him, so this wasn't the ideal situation. He just wanted a book, and then he'd leave. He decided it'd be best if he didn't respond to Figure's question, but Figure was a persistent entity. "I hear you, Seek. How has your day been?"

"It was f-fine... now leave me alone, dumbass." Seek muttered quietly, scouring the shelves for a good book. Figure sighed, hurt, but left Seek alone. "He doesn't like me. I must remind myself that." Figure told himself in his mind.

After a few minutes of book-searching, Seek found one that seemed good enough for a quick read to relax himself. "Bye Figure." He quickly said, and exited the Library. "Goodbye, Seek..." Figure whispered back, but it was too quiet for Seek to hear it. He had already left.

"...I love you."

-

"HEY! RUSH! RUSH! C'MERE!!!" Screech squealed, swiftly approaching Rush, who was unaware of the lack of players in the Hotel. "Oh, hey Screech, what's up?" Rush replied with a smile. He was always smiling, yes, but it was genuine. "SHIFTS OVER!!! AND, I HAD A GOOD IDEA..." Screech exclaimed. Rush looked confused. "What's your idea, Screechy?" He wondered. Screech grinned. "WELL, YOU KNOW THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS SO BORING IN THIS HOTEL? SAME THING EVERY DAY?"

Rush nodded.

"I THINK... I THINK WE SHOULD PERFORM A PLAY!"

"...you're serious."