Chapter Two: Who's Who?

"OF COURSE I'M SERIOUS! THE ONLY PROBLEM IS, I HAVEN'T DECIDED ON A PLAY YET... I'VE NEVER REALLY, UH, WATCHED ONE." Screech replied. 

Rush thought for a moment. "Well, I've been told about some... you ever heard about Romeo and Juliet?" He asked. Screech shook his head. "It's got a TON of bloodshed." Rush said with a grin. Screech's eyes widened, excited by the idea. "OOH, THAT SOUNDS PERFECT!! DO YOU KNOW HOW THE PLAY GOES? LIKE, UM, OH, WHATS IT CALLED... A SCRIPT??" He asked quickly. Rush shook his head. "Uh, no, but we can improvise? All I know is that there's lots of death and blood. Perfect for us!"

"WHAT ABOUT ROGER AND JOE? WHO ARE THEY?" Screech wondered. "Roger and Joe...? O-oh, you mean Romeo and Juliet." Rush sighed. "Well, those two like each other. They're kind of the main characters... romantic stuff." He explained. Screech tilted his head. "ROMANCE? SO LIKE, LOVE? BUT WHO WOULD WE CAST FOR THEM?? I DON'T THINK ANY OF THE ENTITIES LIKE EACH OTHER IN THAT WAY..." He muttered. Rush pondered this for a moment, but then as if a lightbulb appeared above his head, he got an idea.

"Well... we DO know that Figure has a thing for Seek, and Seek despises Figure... so how about we put them together?" He suggested. Screech grinned. "GENIUS IDEA, RUSH!" He cried.

"NOW ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS LET THE OTHER ENTITIES KNOW ABOUT IT... INCLUDING FIGURE AND SEEK."

-

Thankfully, it didn't take too long for the two entities to round up the others, since there weren't any players in the Hotel that needed... looking after. The only two that didn't show up, ironically, were Figure and Seek. It made sense though – Figure always stayed in the Library, and Seek was usually too grumpy to turn up to meetings. He always liked to do things HIS way, and hated listening to others bossing him around.

"Halt. What have you two called a meeting for? Has a player escaped that we are not aware of?" Halt asked in a very serious tone. He was the most "no nonsense" entity of the group. He didn't like messing around, and hated Jack and Screech (who adored playing pranks on other entities and players).

"Uh, no. We were thinking of doing something actually fun for once, other than killing humans..." Rush explained, trailing off a little. Halt attempted to raise an eyebrow. "Oh really? And what would that be?"

"...we were thinking of running a play..."

"Halt. That is unacceptable. We must focus on our jobs, do you understand me Rush? We have no time for silly games." Halt said very sternly. "OH PLEASE, HALT? PLEASE LET US DO THIS, IT'D BE SO FUN!!" Screech whined, putting on his best puppy-dog eyes. Halt sighed. "Screech, I... fine. As long as I'm not part of it, go ahead."

-

As the entities discussed their roles and responsibilities for the play, suddenly Seek walked in on the meeting. "Oh... hey guys. What's the meeting for this time?" He asked, a little curious. It seemed more interesting than the other meetings they usually had, so he was intrigued. Since most of the entities were busy chatting about the play and didn't really notice Seek's presence, Halt decided to speak up. "They're planning a performance of Romeo and Juliet." He explained with a sigh. Seek looked a little confused. "I see... am I gonna be part of it?" He asked, seemingly interested. Halt nodded. "Yes. I overheard they want you to play Romeo, but they'd need your permission first."

"Oh... well, you can tell them it's fine, I guess. I'm not too familiar with the plot, but who's playing Juliet?" Seek asked. Halt hesitated for a moment before replying. "Uh... Figure. Y-you two will be enemies, of course. In the play." He stammered.

"Oh. Well if we're enemies, then perfect! See ya around, Halt."

"G-goodbye, Seek."

"I should not have said that..."