Chapter 8

Aurora

When I woke up the next day, it was 4:50am, which was when I usually got up for training. But I wasn't in my Camdine Academy room or my room in any of my parents' houses, and it took a minute of disorientation for me to remember why I was in a hotel room.

Overcome with consternation, I covered my flushed cheeks with my palms before sitting up abruptly and scrambling off the bed I'd shared with Caden.

Because I stood up so carelessly, I couldn't help wincing a little because I was sore in a place I'd only been sore once before. While I had been surprised at the soreness I experienced the first time Levi and I had sex, this time, I knew the soreness was merited as the things Caden and I did the night before flashed through my mind.

Realizing with my sensitive werewolf hearing that Caden was in the living room, talking in low inaudible tones with someone that sounded like Mateo, I flushed in embarrassment as I tiptoed away from the bed. Ignoring the soreness between my legs, I pulled on my dress from the night before and stuffed my panties into my waist purse.

Even though I had been as quiet as I could be, Caden still heard my movements and was making his way to the bedroom, proving how much more sensitive his hearing was as a full-blood werewolf.

Because I was shy and a bit embarrassed about the things we'd done together, I pulled out the teleportation orb in my purse in a panic, keyed in my dorm room address, and activated it just as Caden walked into the room.

I sighed as I teleported straight into my dorm room, landing on my dresser because of the panicked and unfocused way I'd keyed in the address to my room. Therefore, I ended up smashing many of my expensive skin care products, making a mess of my room. All because I was embarrassed that I'd had the wildest sex of my life.

With another sigh, I got off the dresser, thanking the gods that as the daughter of a Supernatural Council veteran and thus a legacy student, I didn't have to share a room with others like regular Camdine Academy students who had to share two-person dorm rooms.

I went to take a bath again even though Caden had helped me clean up after we finally stopped going at each other in the early hours of the morning.

Before I could deal with the mess on my dresser, which made my tiny Camdine Academy room look smaller, I got a text message from Daddy Keane.

Since he only sent text messages for official Supernatural Council matters, I sat on my bed and read his text, asking me to come for a meeting held at the Supernatural Council Intelligence Department an hour later.

I eyed the mess of products on the floor beside my dresser and decided to take a quick thirty minutes nap instead of clearing it up now. However, I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about my night with Caden. I couldn't help regretting that I ran away, wishing I had gotten his number so we could do what we did last night again while trying hard to ignore the part of me that kept telling me that he probably didn't want me as much as I wanted him.

Warring with my desires and my doubts ate away at my thirty minutes nap time so when I got to the Supernatural Council Intelligence Department meeting ten minutes early, many people sympathized with me or laughed at me and the circles under my eyes.

"Hey Byrne, what's wrong with you? Yesterday was a Friday, right? Why do you look so worn out?" Ken asked.

"I didn't sleep well," I mumbled, putting my head on the table.

I also ignored Victoria as she snickered. "Maybe she finally learned to have fun like a regular young adult."

"Nah. Aurora is too much like her father to know what having fun means. She has the same workaholic tendencies as Keane and even her mother, Amelia." Rebecca, the deputy head of the Intelligence department, complained.