XIV

Hermione finished getting ready for the day as she stepped out of her room and into the living room.

She won't admit it but she was slightly disappointed that the Slytherins weren't still there. But her eyes caught a piece of parchment paper on the couch where she and Malfoy had cuddled. A soft blush creeped onto her cheeks as she took the paper and opened it.

Sorry about last night Granger.

Thank you as well.

DM.

Hermione didn't know what Malfoy meant by 'thank you as well' but a soft smile came onto her lips as she looked at the hand where she had touched Malfoy's cheek before she touched her tingling lips.

This was the first time in a long time that she had been able to sleep. And not only sleep but rest. Her body felt different.

Healthier.

And she reluctantly had to say that it had to do something with Malfoy.

But she didn't want to overthink it.

It was a one time fluke.

It would never happen again.

Hermione heard a knock at her door and thinking it was Ginny. She opened it without sparing a glance.

"I know Ginny—"

"Hermione."

Hermione froze as she slowly looked up. Ron stared at her with both loving and hating eyes.

"What do you want Ron?" Hermione asked.

It was still too early in the morning to fight.

"Now that you have calmed down, are you ready to talk?"

"I calmed down?" Hermione laughed bitterly, "Ronald you were the one that exploded and started calling me names!"

"There you go again! Acting crazy!"

"Don't call me crazy," Hermione snapped.

"Or what?" Ron sneered, "you've already lost it, sleeping with Malfoy—"

"I'm not sleeping with him!"

"Don't lie to me!" Ron yelled, hitting the door frame and making Hermione flinch. Hermione looked at Ron scared but her friend was too angry to see it.

Hermione tried to shut the door but it got kicked in. Hermione was shot back by the force and crashed into a wall as Ron stormed in.

"Ron!" Hermione yelled, "are you insane?!"

"This is what you like isn't it?! You like playing hard to get—"

"Ron get out!" Hermione yelled. Getting scared.

He put a hole into the wall and Hermione flinched away.

"Ron!"

He punched the wall beside her. Hermione froze and her mind screamed at her to hex him away but her body didn't want to move.

Ron cornered her and loomed over her. Hermione could smell the alcohol in his breath and she shook her head as she began breathing heavily.

"Ron please..." Hermione cried.

"What does he do that I don't?" Ron sneered, "does he take you without—"

Ron was yanked back and Malfoy punched him hard. Hermione blinked surprised as she watched Malfoy punch Ron and kick him to the ground. He looked feral as Malfoy punched Ron without mercy. Hermione knew she had to stop this. She wouldn't let Malfoy pay for Ron's idiocy.