X

Draco stared at his friend on the cot.

Three broken ribs.

A broken wrist.

A broken eye socket.

And a broken nose.

His friend was going to be insufferable. Playing the victim card every available opportunity.

Draco's gaze slowly moved from Blaise to Granger's cot.

She had a minor concussion and a broken nose.

"Dude you're pathetic."

Draco looked back to Blaise who was finally coming too.

"What?" Draco asked.

"You look like a pathetic puppy."

"You're high off your meds."

"I am but I'm not stupid, why do you care so much?"

"I don't."

"Bull" Blaise laughed. Only to groan in pain "Dray we've been friends since we were kids. Babies even, I know you better than you know yourself."

There was a scoff.

"If anyone knows Drakey-poo better than himself it's me," Theo scoffed as he settled down. Groaning as he crossed his feet on the bed.

"Stop calling me that," Draco ordered.

"So it's okay when Elenor calls you that but when I do I get in trouble."

"Her name's Elenor?" Draco asked confused.

"Sodding hell," both Theo and Blaise groaned.

The conversation was cut short the second a piercing scream was heard. Draco's head snapped to Granger and both he and Theo ran to her side as she writhed in pain.

"DON'T HURT ME!" Hermione screamed, sobbing loudly as she moved around aggressively.

"Granger!" Theo yelled.

"PLEASE I DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING!"

She screamed the same way she did that night. Tears streaming down her face as she convulsed. Draco looked down at her arm and saw the words bleeding.

He waved his hand over her forearm and focused on making the words seal themselves. He dropped his wand and shook her as she continued sobbing and screaming in her sleep.

"Get the matron!" Draco yelled, Theo nodded and sprinted off. Blaise was sitting up and both of them stared at each other with fear.

They know these screams all too well.

Thanks to his aunt who personally volunteered to train them.

"Granger wake up!" Draco yelled, she sobbed and her back arched from the bed with another scream, "GRANGER!"

He shook her awake and she let out a sob before hugging him. He froze as she wept into his shoulder. He felt her shaking with fear and her gown was drenched with sweat and clinging into her back.

He looked at Blaise who made a hugging motion with his free arm.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed loudly into his shoulder. He assumed that she was still asleep or in the lull between sleep and wake.

Why else would she voluntarily be hugging him?

As fast as she came to. She fell asleep once again. He held onto her as he slowly laid her back down. The Matron ran in as he was removing his arms from her. The Matron swiftly ran to her and ran diagnostics as Draco stood beside her.