39

Jin Shan's gaze remained unmoved, he stared at the person in the middle of the hall with a solemn and unbothered gaze.

The hall's attention is currently on the impudent person on the floor.

'Who are you? How dare you break into the Hou Quan residence so rashly?' Asked elder Yan, he is obviously displeased by this.

Xiang Ning did not know what to do, he just clutched his tattered clothings closer and remained silent.

'Young lady, how come you're not replying?' Asked elder Kun, his tone gentler than the fire elder.

Young lady?

Ping Shi's lips trembled a little trying not to blurt out a chuckle. The little prince can actually fool people with his petite body that he is a lady.

'Anyone who breaks into the Hou Quan area uninviting is deserving of a death sentence. Guards!' Shouted elder Yan, after losing his patience.

Ping Shi's eyes widened a little, how could he let Xiang Ning die? However, if he were to step out to rescue the younger, it would be a hassle to try and come up with an explanation. There are many martial artists in here all at once, helping Xiang Ning could mean that he is colluding with the intruder. No matter how good his martial arts is, how could he outfight all these martial artists? Even the elders are here, there is no way he could pull Xiang Ning out of the river right now.

'Halt.' A cold voice rang out.

The guards stopped their actions and everyone turned their gaze towards the newly crowned head of the Jin clan.

Ting Ting turned to Jin Shan with a frown. What is the meaning of this? Why is Jin Shan stopping the guards?

'That is my slave, pardon my rudeness, grand elders. I actually forgot I brought this slave here as well among the thousands of slaves.' Said Jin Shan.

His words are respectful but he pressed on the part where he said that he had brought thousands of slaves so it is not surprising that he forgot each slaves' face.

If one look closely, the ruined clothes on Xiang Ning is befitting that of a slave as well. Even his face is so ugly to the point that one would think he is a low born.

The elders seemed to have calmed down after the logical explanation from Jin Shan.

'Alright alright, if that is the case then let's end the commotions here. Someone, bring this slave somewhere else and let us proceed with the celebrations.' Instructed elder Yang.

Xiang Ning was pulled out of the hall and left alone outside the giant residence where the other slaves are gathered to prepare for tonight's feast.

The celebrations inside resumed without any obstacle as if his presence a moment ago was not worth remembering at all. Xiang Ning always knew that the world is vast but he had never expected that he would one day feel so small and worthless in the presence of others.

Without his sister's and He Chang's protection, it seems like he is actually such an insignificant bug after all.

He wandered around aimlessly until he found himself lost in a long corridor. Still, he did not feel scared, he only felt empty.

A hand suddenly slipped out and his wrist was grabbed. He was then pulled and his back pressed against the hard wooden walls.

'Little prince, why are you here?' Asked Ping Shi, his voice as soft as a mosquito, afraid that someone will hear him.

Xiang Ning looked up towards Ping Shi, his eyes suddenly felt funny as tears began to drop.

Ping Shi knew immediately why the prince is in this state of sadness. He lifted his fingers to wipe away the warm tears from the cheeks of the prince.

'Don't cry, do you want to try this candy? It is really delicious.' Said Ping Shi as he pulled out a candy from his pocket.

Xiang Ning only shook his head.

'A'Shi, Chang'ge is going to get married soon. He is already engaged.' Said Xiang Ning through broken sobs.

Ping Shi swallowed a mouthful of saliva, he did not know what to retort to make the little prince feel better.

A gust of wind blew and the prince was nowhere to be found. Caught in a trance, Ping Shi was careless.

After understanding what happened, he turned to look at the silhouette which us quickly disappearing into the walls with clenched fists.

———

'Chang'ge!' Cried Xiang Ning.

He burrowed himself into the arms of the taller man. He had missed this warmth for so long and now he can finally feed his thirst.

'Chang'ge! Are you- why are you engaged? How come? I don't understand.'

Jin Shan stared at the ugly face of the other person. Although this person is wearing an ugly mask, he knew immediately who the identity of this 'ugly' person is.

He slowly lifted his hand to take off the human skin mask. The ethereal face from within never fails to shock him. Xiang Ning just cried so the white skin is warmed up with a layer of red. It appears so lovely that any man would die to touch this skin.

Jin Shan, however, just stared without saying or doing anything. He bit down the surging emotions in his heart and stroked the small head filled with soft strands of pitched black hair.

'Shh, don't cry. Be good and go home first okay?' He whispered in a soft tone.

Xiang Ning hugged Jin Shan tighter, the heaviness of the robe Jin Shan is wearing doubled in weight but he did not seem to mind.

He just helplessly looked at the small prince in his arms. His eyes carried emotions that are hard to discern. But anyone can tell that he is in a state of distress right now.

He held the prince's waist and lifted him up. Placing him gently onto a nearby table, he gently pecked the prince's forehead.

'Baby, I can't explain much right now. Just go back to Da Dong first.' Said Jin Shan, his eyes laced with worry never seen before.

'Why are you calling me so sweetly but laugh so happily with another woman?' Asked Xiang Ning.

The more care that Jin Shan show, the more pain he feel.

'Jin gege?'

A sweet feminine voice sounded.

To Be Continued...